Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Chip Amps

Chip Amps Amplifiers based on integrated circuits

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 24th February 2009, 04:21 PM   #211
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Argentina
checked Zeners and are OK, checked Diodes and Are Ok, checked Big Caps and are ok.

Now need to figure how to check the Relay, googling abt that
  Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2009, 06:19 PM   #212
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Argentina
well, now with other PCB that i finished aseembly and using TF version, when i turn it ON the trafo, the lamp turn it on, and after the relay make contact, the light start turning off slowly, but if i dark the room, i see that an small amount of light come out from the bulb, its not OK, right?
  Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2009, 06:46 PM   #213
nenne is offline nenne  Sweden
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Sweden,
Quote:
Originally posted by samsagaz
well, now with other PCB that i finished aseembly and using TF version, when i turn it ON the trafo, the lamp turn it on, and after the relay make contact, the light start turning off slowly, but if i dark the room, i see that an small amount of light come out from the bulb, its not OK, right?
Could be ok. When I started my kits with bulb in series it only started to glow if I turned the volume up to 50%. Fuses on the secondary was T2,5 A, they did not survive without the bulb in series. Never tested in dark though. Measure on speaker out that there low values of ac and dc , not more than 10mV dc. Then that side is ok. Dig up some junk speakers, connect some source to input and test . The relay's are for speaker protection and for turnon thump, I have looked that up.

Good Luck nenne
  Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2009, 06:52 PM   #214
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Argentina
well, looks like im ****** up, the other pcb that i mounted have problems too!!!, when i turn it ON, the relay dont make contact, the led dont bright, and the lamp are 100 bright.

When i turn it OFF, the relay make contact for just 1 second and the led bright too for the same time :S


Strange Syntom, right?
  Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2009, 06:55 PM   #215
nenne is offline nenne  Sweden
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Sweden,
Quote:
Originally posted by nenne


Could be ok. When I started my kits with bulb in series it only started to glow if I turned the volume up to 50%. Fuses on the secondary was T2,5 A, they did not survive without the bulb in series. Never tested in dark though. Measure on speaker out that there low values of ac and dc , not more than 10mV dc. Then that side is ok. Dig up some junk speakers, connect some source to input and test . The relay's are for speaker protection and for turnon thump, I have looked that up.

Good Luck nenne
Just to be correct here, the bulb shall light up and slowly dim down, when the power is turned on. If something is wrong light stay on.
Then you can measure and test like the above description.

nenne
  Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2009, 06:59 PM   #216
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Argentina
Quote:
Originally posted by nenne


Could be ok. When I started my kits with bulb in series it only started to glow if I turned the volume up to 50%. Fuses on the secondary was T2,5 A, they did not survive without the bulb in series. Never tested in dark though. Measure on speaker out that there low values of ac and dc , not more than 10mV dc. Then that side is ok. Dig up some junk speakers, connect some source to input and test . The relay's are for speaker protection and for turnon thump, I have looked that up.

Good Luck nenne

Well After 15 seconds of the Amp ON, the R11 Blow :S How is possible that i cant build an amplifier!! DAMN!
  Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2009, 07:13 PM   #217
nenne is offline nenne  Sweden
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Sweden,
Quote:
Originally posted by samsagaz



Well After 15 seconds of the Amp ON, the R11 Blow :S How is possible that i cant build an amplifier!! DAMN!
I am sure you can build one too! Have to be careful though.
Fuses? Using any?

nenne
  Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2009, 07:29 PM   #218
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Argentina
yes using 2Amps Fuse, now will goto purchase more 1ohms Res, back later :S
  Reply With Quote
Old 25th February 2009, 01:01 AM   #219
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Quote:
Originally posted by pinkfloyd4ever



what does the .0033uf line cap do? Is it necessary? Can just one thermistor be used like this? (see attachment [sorry for the ghetto MS Paint schematic])



Can't he just put the thermistor in series with one end of the primary?
anyone?
  Reply With Quote
Old 25th February 2009, 02:49 AM   #220
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Argentina
Someone know why the resistor are burned after a few seconds?
  Reply With Quote

Reply


Hide this!Advertise here!
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The "What slogan would you have if you were a high-end audio company?" Thread. Spasticteapot Everything Else 118 27th September 2011 03:31 AM
Original ECL86 "Baby Huey" thread jkeny Tubes / Valves 14 23rd November 2009 07:35 PM
"compact loudspeaker factory visit from "magico mini" thread Nanook Multi-Way 2 4th January 2008 07:30 AM
The "Really simple and cheap speaker designs for the newbie!" thread. Spasticteapot Multi-Way 5 19th March 2006 04:16 AM


New To Site? Need Help?

All times are GMT. The time now is 07:06 AM.


vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 1999-2014 diyAudio

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2