Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Chip Amps

Chip Amps Amplifiers based on integrated circuits

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 24th February 2009, 04:21 PM   #211
diyAudio Member

checked Zeners and are OK, checked Diodes and Are Ok, checked Big Caps and are ok.

Now need to figure how to check the Relay, googling abt that
Old 24th February 2009, 06:19 PM   #212
diyAudio Member

well, now with other PCB that i finished aseembly and using TF version, when i turn it ON the trafo, the lamp turn it on, and after the relay make contact, the light start turning off slowly, but if i dark the room, i see that an small amount of light come out from the bulb, its not OK, right?
Old 24th February 2009, 06:46 PM   #213
nenne is offline nenne  Sweden
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by samsagaz
well, now with other PCB that i finished aseembly and using TF version, when i turn it ON the trafo, the lamp turn it on, and after the relay make contact, the light start turning off slowly, but if i dark the room, i see that an small amount of light come out from the bulb, its not OK, right?
Could be ok. When I started my kits with bulb in series it only started to glow if I turned the volume up to 50%. Fuses on the secondary was T2,5 A, they did not survive without the bulb in series. Never tested in dark though. Measure on speaker out that there low values of ac and dc , not more than 10mV dc. Then that side is ok. Dig up some junk speakers, connect some source to input and test . The relay's are for speaker protection and for turnon thump, I have looked that up.

Good Luck nenne
Old 24th February 2009, 06:52 PM   #214
diyAudio Member

well, looks like im ****** up, the other pcb that i mounted have problems too!!!, when i turn it ON, the relay dont make contact, the led dont bright, and the lamp are 100 bright.

When i turn it OFF, the relay make contact for just 1 second and the led bright too for the same time :S

Strange Syntom, right?
Old 24th February 2009, 06:55 PM   #215
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by nenne

Could be ok. When I started my kits with bulb in series it only started to glow if I turned the volume up to 50%. Fuses on the secondary was T2,5 A, they did not survive without the bulb in series. Never tested in dark though. Measure on speaker out that there low values of ac and dc , not more than 10mV dc. Then that side is ok. Dig up some junk speakers, connect some source to input and test . The relay's are for speaker protection and for turnon thump, I have looked that up.

Good Luck nenne
Just to be correct here, the bulb shall light up and slowly dim down, when the power is turned on. If something is wrong light stay on.
Then you can measure and test like the above description.

nenne
Old 24th February 2009, 06:59 PM   #216
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by nenne

Good Luck nenne

Well After 15 seconds of the Amp ON, the R11 Blow :S How is possible that i cant build an amplifier!! DAMN!
Old 24th February 2009, 07:13 PM   #217
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by samsagaz

Well After 15 seconds of the Amp ON, the R11 Blow :S How is possible that i cant build an amplifier!! DAMN!
I am sure you can build one too! Have to be careful though.
Fuses? Using any?

nenne
Old 24th February 2009, 07:29 PM   #218
diyAudio Member

yes using 2Amps Fuse, now will goto purchase more 1ohms Res, back later :S
Old 25th February 2009, 01:01 AM   #219
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by pinkfloyd4ever

what does the .0033uf line cap do? Is it necessary? Can just one thermistor be used like this? (see attachment [sorry for the ghetto MS Paint schematic])

Can't he just put the thermistor in series with one end of the primary?
anyone?
Old 25th February 2009, 02:49 AM   #220
diyAudio Member

Someone know why the resistor are burned after a few seconds?

Hide this!Advertise here!