LM3875 as a voltage buffer?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi everyone,

I need a voltage buffer to match impedances in a summing buss that I am building. Can the LM3875 be configured to work as a voltage buffer with a gain of -1? My power supply is a bipolar 24V. I would be very grateful for a circuit. I'm unsure about what Rf/Ri ratio would be optimal for this.

I need to buffer a 50k or 100k pot. The pot atteunates the output of a John Hardy 990 discrete opamp configured a a summing amplifier. The output of the 990 feeds the pot which in turn feeds a cinemag output transformer. I can't really use a regular buffer chip because the 990 has a 28dBu headroom which means the 990 could easily output 19V signals. Therefore I need a buffer that can handle input voltages of about 19V (or 28dBu of headroom). The output transformer is a Cinemag CMOB 1 with a 680 ohm input impedance and a 1:1 turns ratio.

alternately do you folks out there have suggestions for another chip that would work better?

Thanks in advance!

Jason.

Attachments

• summing buss.jpg
    summing buss.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 287
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.