My version of GC, a LM3886 based

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
^ wow good price!!

btw i already buy pcb of gainclone lm 3875/3886 but i'm being confuses to choice what's part i will uses..

please help me to find 'best buy' part ,thx

there is a list:

C1: (2,2uF-4,7uF/50V)
2,2uF NP/BP elco
4,7 uF NP/BP elco
2,2uF MKP/MKT
4,7uF MKP/MKT

C2: (220pF)
Polysterene paper
Silvered mica

C3: (22uF-47uF/25V)
22uF/25V Nichicon Gold
22uF/100V Elna Cerafine
47uF/35V Elna Cerafine
47uF/25V Nichicon Gold
47uF/50V Rubycon

C4: (47pF-50pF)
Polysterene paper
Silvered mica

C5,9,10: (100uF/50V)
100uF/50V Nippon-Chemicon LXG
100uF/50V

C6,7,8: (100nF/63-100V)
100nF MKM
100nF MKT
100nF Wima MKP-10

R1,3: (1K 0,5W)
1K 0,5W Vishay Dale (MF)
1K 0,5W Holco H4 (MF)
1K 0,5W Roederstein (MF)
1K 0,5W TKD (MF)
1K 0,5W Riken RM (Carbon Film)

R2,4: (20K-22K 0,5W)
20K5 0,5W Vishay Dale (MF)
22K 1W Holco H2 (MF)
22K 0,5W Riken RM (Carbon Film)
20K 0,5W Riken RM (Carbon Film)

R5: (20K-22K 0,5W)
20K5 0,5W Vishay Dale (MF)
22K 1W Holco H2 (MF)
22K 0,5W Riken RM (Carbon Film)
20K 0,5W Riken RM (Carbon Film)

R6 2R7-3R3 1W CF

R7 10R 2W CF

R8,9 22K 0,5W MF

Sneih, if not already order, I'll share my opinion as looking at your list I think I moved along the same path (also did eka).
For resistor take just the standard MF (the cheapest) for first build. For the upgrade, take the carbon path and FORGET the in between

eketehe said:
Hi Sneih,
The parts are good,
If your dc offset is under 50mV, you can try without Cin, but 220-1k ohm, and try 1uF - 2.2uF of MKP 10 for other result.
Have Fun,

eketehe said:

cud be your 1st project.
don't want to try a stereo?
AXs, GTs, ZOOMs,.. optionaly have stereo out, 3D sounds not teasing you?

sorry i really noob!!
what is a Cin? AXs,GTs,Zooms?

btw, can u tell me indonesian language forum that talk about diyaudio?
hehe just to know, thx

Tks Mr Andrew,

sneih said:

....... AXs,GTs,Zooms?

btw, can u tell me indonesian language forum that talk about diyaudio?
hehe just to know, thx

They are guitar pedals,
some digital 3D sound option are nice, the stereo out are fun for home use or little show.
I also never find any indonesian audio forum.

Brgds.
Eka

Attachments

• pedals.jpg
    pedals.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 486
Second Prize

Friends,

Just wanna share.. last weekend (May 30, 2008), a group of DIYers in Jakarta, sponsored by SAS (Sugeng Sarjadi Audio Syndicate), LangsungJadi Audio, Audio Video Mag (local Indo magazine) and other sponsors conducted a DIY Amplifier Blind Test Competition.

Sort of like "free for all" class in sport game, the 33 (thirty three) participating amps range from Tube-based, Mosfet-based, Chipamp-based and Solid state, with participating DIYers from Jakarta city and its surrounding, Bandung, Surabaya, Medan and Samarinda. This event was first ever conducted in DIY community in Jakarta...

Jury was consists of several 'senior audio player' in the city, including one professional sound engineer, also several of seasoned/veteran DIYers...

:D Thank God, surprisingly I won the second prize...:D
And the funny thing... my registration number is 13

If I remember correctly, the detail of the BT first winner was Tube based, a 10 watt Push Pull with EL84 penthode and 12AX7 tube as driver, equipped with Tube line pre-amp 76 E83F... and the third winner was 3.5 watt Tube based power amp, with CV4046 double penthode and Z759 tube as driver... (which according to the jury my GC was a close competition to this amp)

Got to admit that the my GC amp was 'a rebuilt' or 'ressurrected' , in less than 2x 24 ready for the Blind Test competition, after I seriously damaged the previous sets of PCBs, due to my reckless attempt in trying to have the 'ideal layout' of the amp a week before the blind test ... silly me.... :(

I had a lot of valuable experience and knowledge by participating in this Blind Test Competition, especially the advise that I got from my 'senior' DIY colleagues in the city...
:D

Attachments

• trophy & tampak dalam.jpg
    trophy & tampak dalam.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 487
wew.. congratulation/selamat 4 u friends...

i really proud to you, gainclone can win 2nd prize!!
make me on fire to finishing my GC!!

btw please kindly share ur tips n trick about ur chiamp and please take a photo of infront your gainclone pcb

and the last question how much cost ur winning gainclone, Thx

Re: Second Prize

Dino-Indo said:
Friends,

Just wanna share.. last weekend (May 30, 2008), a group of DIYers in Jakarta, sponsored by SAS (Sugeng Sarjadi Audio Syndicate), LangsungJadi Audio, Audio Video Mag (local Indo magazine) and other sponsors conducted a DIY Amplifier Blind Test Competition.

Sort of like "free for all" class in sport game, the 33 (thirty three) participating amps range from Tube-based, Mosfet-based, Chipamp-based and Solid state, with participating DIYers from Jakarta city and its surrounding, Bandung, Surabaya, Medan and Samarinda. This event was first ever conducted in DIY community in Jakarta...

Jury was consists of several 'senior audio player' in the city, including one professional sound engineer, also several of seasoned/veteran DIYers...

:D Thank God, surprisingly I won the second prize...:D
And the funny thing... my registration number is 13

If I remember correctly, the detail of the BT first winner was Tube based, a 10 watt Push Pull with EL84 penthode and 12AX7 tube as driver, equipped with Tube line pre-amp 76 E83F... and the third winner was 3.5 watt Tube based power amp, with CV4046 double penthode and Z759 tube as driver... (which according to the jury my GC was a close competition to this amp)

Got to admit that the my GC amp was 'a rebuilt' or 'ressurrected' , in less than 2x 24 ready for the Blind Test competition, after I seriously damaged the previous sets of PCBs, due to my reckless attempt in trying to have the 'ideal layout' of the amp a week before the blind test ... silly me.... :(

I had a lot of valuable experience and knowledge by participating in this Blind Test Competition, especially the advise that I got from my 'senior' DIY colleagues in the city...

Dino,

is that the same board from Alex design? strangely, on his website, i could not find which one that uses LM3886.

I have a few toroid transformer, but all of them are 117VAC primary, back when i was in sumatera, our mains were 110VAC, and this transformer I bought when i lived there. So do you happen to know anybody in Jakarta who can rewind the toroid?

thanks

:D Thanks Sneih:D

Well, since I' afraid to re-open the nuts and bolts of my 'winning' GC (bad experience from the first attempt to re arrange the layout) am so sorry can't take picture of the top face of the PCB..

But as reference, please see my posts on:
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=1526026#post1526026

Total cost including the new PCB... well, first GC was about IDR 900,000 then the replacement PCB & chip cost me around IDR 200,000.....

From what I learnt, as also confirmed by the senior DIYers during the discussion after the Blind Test competition finishes, below several points that may have greatly affected the performance of my GC kit:
1. I used 300VA Toroid - 3 amperes (probably providing lots of guts to the supplied DC )
2. I used Ultrafast Soft Recovery Avalanche Sinterglass diodes Vishay Telefunken SF4007,
3. My configuration of 3 pairs (6 x 4700uF/50V) of DC recervoir caps, all of them glued one another, then glued to the chassis (as one of the senior DY pointed out that the glue act as vibration damper),
4. I used 2 pair (4 x 1000 uF/50V) cap as DC smoothing caps on each of the LM3886 PCB (probably act as filtering to the DC supplied to the chip?? dunno lah.. hehehe) ,
5. I used a 2.2 uF Polyfilm cap on the input,
6. I glued some of the AC cables to the chassis...

So, that's all....
Hopefully the above description would somehow be useful for your reference...

Regards,
Dino

Attachments

• glued recervoir cap gc-dino.jpg
    glued recervoir cap gc-dino.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 432
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.