My version of GC, a LM3886 based

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Dino-Indo said:
I also install additional smoothing caps on the PSU, as now I got 6 x 4700uF caps per power rail (total PSU capacitance now 28200 uF x 2... I hope it is not overkill hahahaha...) and I also changed the bridge rectifier with 4 SF4007 sinterglass avalance diodes... the result?? Awesome!!

Jawdropping bass.. its gets punchier and deep... also I noticed mid range and high improved... clearer...
:D:D
that's odd.
So many chipampers claim that smoothing capacitance does absolutely nothing for bass response. Nice to know there's some out there that listen to the results of good PSU assembly.

i see the diode, kacang ijo ei:D . i always curious what improvement that diode brings.
andrewT: i change those 4700uF cap on psu with 10000uF, but i can't hear the different on bass response either, or maybe my ear isn't sensitive enough. i think i should have a visit to dino-indo to learn from him:D
bego2: once soundstream use this way of using many small psu caps rather than one big caps on their car amp. don't know about the new one.

Hi Dino,
Congratulation...
Where you get the trafo?
as i see on the schematic pic( chipamp) thats double output ( 2 diode bridges ), yours must be 18-0 + 18-0.
the diodes... i tought they're telefunken...
I'm willing to have that Carlos FM's too....
Pls help... teman :D

bego2: once soundstream use this way of using many small psu caps rather than one big caps on their car amp. don't know about the new one.

I think thats because the big caps can not fit into the slim cars amp.
There also resonance problem to have a lot of small caps on PSU, but yes,in case car amp, me-self will not sensitive enough to compares. there a strong competition between the trafic, my audio, bajaj audio, engine audio, and.... other car's for 'deff subwoofer' :D lol

Dino-Indo said:
Hola Eketehe...
You got mail!!

Yep, you are correct.. I'm using 18V only... and those are Vishay Telefunken SF4007 avalanche... quite expensive for me tho... :D but I do like the sound improvements...
As also confirmed by my wife ... a casual listener... :cool:

Wow, nice achievement.
I'm fail to find toroidal trafo yours here, hope you will kindly tell me where i can find it and whats the price?
I maybe goes to Jakarta in this near future.

Dino-Indo said:
Hola Eketehe...
You got mail!!

Yep, you are correct.. I'm using 18V only... and those are Vishay Telefunken SF4007 avalanche... quite expensive for me tho... :D but I do like the sound improvements...
As also confirmed by my wife ... a casual listener... :cool:

Hi Dino!
I'm Sorry...,I just find your PE!
Thankyou verymuch :D :D
Thakyou:D
Thanks again:D
Terimakasih,

Originally posted by AndrewT
So many chipampers claim that smoothing capacitance does absolutely nothing for bass response. Nice to know there's some out there that listen to the results of good PSU assembly.

These chipampers should place a switch between the capacitor banks and the psu. I did with 1000 uF / 22000 uF and can tell that high capacitance sounds much, much better.

Dino-Indo said:
Thanks for your advise...

FYI, the electricity socket from state supply to most housing in Indonesia is having 2 prongs only ... not 3 prongs as in many other country (which one of it is for earth grounding...)...

I just read this. I know that indonesian plug looks like having only 2 prongs, but in fact it's 3! The 3rd one is on the body which is seen if you have the "big" plug.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

On the wall socket you can see the ground conductor in the inside of the outlet. Careful with grounding as 220v kills.

Hi Gainphile,

Thanks for your advise.. Yes... It's true that my wall electricty socket has the third prong as ground.. but my GC power cord has only two prongs like picture attached .
:D

Hi Sneih,
I spent my GC around IDR 950,000 - (approx USD 100 )
:D

Attachments

• my gc power cord.jpg
    my gc power cord.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 660
whoaa... you skip that 3rd cable.. no comment.

sneih said:
hi friends.... how much you make gainclone at rupiah?

Good job, Gracias
DINO :
Hi Sneih,
I spent my GC around IDR 950,000 - (approx USD 100 )"

Me:
My first amp cost : 4 jutaanlah ( appox USD 500 )
my 2nd amp : gopecenglah ( approx USD 50 )
thats because, toomuch experiment,causing surplus parts :cannotbe:

if you want to create one, and you're not intend to be a pro, avoid the unecessary, there's peter daniel in his new thread, Zang's 'understand star grounding....' with all conclutn.. ask for the rest.

Eka
Wow, thats quite a lot of money to start! for tubes or chips?:whazzat:
I wouldn't even try to plunge my feet were that is the minimum requirement, luckily not.

I started with just over USD 60, to get a peak into a chipamp; but yes after that fund began to flow out bit by bit. It depends on our appetite.

So if there are chipamper wannabe out there in this country that are not as "generous" as eka, dont worry. Spend wisely and it worth every cent of it :angel: But if you have the fund to spend then go for it.;)

Edits said:
Eka

Wow, thats quite a lot of money to start! for tubes or chips?:whazzat:
I wouldn't even try to plunge my feet were that is the minimum requirement, luckily not.

I started with just over USD 60, to get a peak into a chipamp; but yes after that fund began to flow out bit by bit. It depends on our appetite.

So if there are chipamper wannabe out there in this country that are not as "generous" as eka, dont worry. Spend wisely and it worth every cent of it :angel: But if you have the fund to spend then go for it.;)

Hi Pak Edits,
no they're 'tubeless' hahaha.
ironicaly i haven't finish my proper one..
Ok, tks to reminds me pak, i'll finish mine.

p.s. that little by little will kill you too :D see dino's signature

Brgds
Eka

DINO :
Hi Sneih,
I spent my GC around IDR 950,000 - (approx USD 100 )"

Me:
my 2nd amp : gopecenglah ( approx USD 50 )
thats because, toomuch experiment,causing surplus parts :cannotbe:

if you want to create one, and you're not intend to be a pro, avoid the unecessary, there's peter daniel in his new thread, Zang's 'understand star grounding....' with all conclutn.. ask for the rest. [/B]

Mahal amat ! :D ... my last indo amp was Rp17,000 - the "Big Power" a.k.a. TA7205AP but that was 1992 he..he..

But I agree, spending money for experiment is 70% of the DIY fun. Of course one could buy PCB/built GC but without problems there will be no learning :angel:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.