Finishing up chipamp!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Hi Dougie085,
Okay. You have Digikey, Newark and Mouser available to you easily. Mouser is very good, but not an option for Canadians.

Just order on the 'net and use your credit card. Figure out what else you could use and put together an order. It's not that hard to do once you are mentally prepared to buy parts this way.

-Chris

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Hi Dougie085,
Well, I don't know what you are aware of or not. Therefore the suggestion. Also, it seems you may not have a good stock of parts. You could remove these from a dead electronic item for free even. No shipping.

Besides, there is always something you can use and ordering is less expensive for you than it is me, looking at Mouser.

-Chris

Ok well tried some more stuff. I disconnected the input wires from the board and then shorted the input on the board and guess what? No hum no static nothing. Which means all the noise is coming from the input wires is what I gather anyways? Here are some detailed pics of the boards so you can check them out. Also the chip on these don't need an insulator pad right?

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Magura said:

It's overkill :xeye:

Go see any musicians shop and buy some micrphone cable or the like, or just salvage some from an old pair of headphones....

Magura :)

That is what i told him to do, we have been talking on line for the last fwe months and he asked for some help, however Peter insisted that it is not necessary.

it would cost no more than 5$ for mic cable :)

The stuff that he has pointed out from ebay, is what i use in my pre-amp's and aleph's and it works good, i even use it for other things like cables and speaker wire, best stuff i have yet.

Jase

Dougie085 said:
I tried to find Mic cable noone has it. The only mic cable I can find is about the price of that stuff so I'd rather just get that stuff. And since when is overkill bad???

Well, like i said if you buy 50 feet ot it u can use it with other project's and for speaker wire :)

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Hi Dougie085,
Three wire mic cord is perfect. You know, for XLR connectors. Use one wire for ground, the other is hot and the shield is just a drain, grounded at one end only. If your grounding system is different, then do not use the second conductor as a ground.

Teflon anything is a pain to work with.

-Chris

Dougie085 said:
And since when is overkill bad???

Well, since overkill included the words teflon and wire in the same sentence. It is not nice to work with (I belive I had the "pleasure" of working with this exact type at BAF07), and when I say not nice I really mean it, nasty stuff!

Go buy a pair of el-cheapo earphones, salvage the wire and chuck out the rest.

Magura :)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.