rockford p6002 - protection?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I put one amp on the side to prevent confusion between the two. i should have said this, my bad.
Alle the measurements from #11 and on are from one amp. The other amp is acting completely different now. Before it had the the same 8A+ current surges, right now it has ~4a short surges ones every second.

i did turn the bias pots completely counter clockwise on the other amp. I will continue with that amp i a new thread.
About the amp for this thread, any idea's what to check? also should i use the rail ground or the rca ground for measurements? (because big voltage difference between them)

I just tested the opamps with a 100hz signal in. The left side of the signal part (x-over, gain and boost) looks fine.
The right side is having some problems. The X-over part looks fine. The gain opamp (U2000-b) puts out 11,2VDC so that one needs to be replaced. I removed R2015 to disconnect the gain part from the boost part.
The output from opamp in the bass boost part (U2001B) was 11.2v. After lifting the output leg, the voltage of this leg slowly increases to 11.2v at startup but gets reduced when touching de input pins with the probe. So i think this one is oke.

With R2015 and the output of the opamp disconnected, the amp shows the same current surge-->restart circle as before. All the measurement where done with the gain CW.

Also if I turn the gain from some position to complete CW the +13V rail jumps to 15,3VDC for a sec and drops to ~11,3VDC.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.