rockford p6002 - protection?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
hi,
I am a beginner at electronics who started repairing car audio.

I have 2 rockford p6002 with blown channels. I replaced the mosfets and now i get this signal from te mosfet drivers. It looks to me like something in the audio part is not right, but i cant find it. Both amps have the same problem.

i have the schematics of this amp.

ezgif.com-optimize_zpslhcsrqan.gif

IMG_20180707_193924_zpsdjflkyfd.jpg

You stated that you replaced the 'mosfets' You need to be specific. Were they the power supply or output FETs?

Are you referring to the PS or output drive?

If all is for the power supply, connect only the remote and ground and post a photo of the drive signal on the gate legs of the PS FETs. If they are not all the same, post photos of each variation, listing which FET (circuit board designation) for ewach drive signal.

i am sorry.

I replaced all the output mosfets. the PS looks fine (+41V and -42V at 12.8V 0,8A in, before amp shuts down) so i didn't replace those.
The signal in post #1 is the drive signal to the output mosfets (weak signal about ~40mV, scope on AC). This signal is on top of +41V or -42V(depends which drive signal measured).

When the amp turns of, the rail voltage drops to ~+34V and -35V before it turns on again.

Current while powering up is 8A+ and it takes a bit longer to go down again, longer then a normal power up. So i think the output shorts itself before the amp turns off. All the output mosfets heat up about equally.

I also just find out:
With te gain complete clockwise the thermal led turns on, current draw ~0,3A, rails +28V & -28V.
Gain ~10% Less from complete clockwise = no thermal led, current draw ~1A, rails +38V & -38V. Amp remains on.
Gain more then 10% from clockwise = same amp on/off stuff as described before.

currently i use an 52A 12v server PSU. Can (a part of) the problems be caused by this? Because noise or grounding issues?
I do have two half working car batteries, should be ok for some testing i think. Should i switch to the batteries? Also about grounding, should the negative of the PSU or battery be grounded to earth?

On the batteries exactly the same problem as described in post #11.

Also when the gain pot is turned completely clockwise, there is a 16Vdc difference between the rail ground and rca ground. This lowers when turning the gain pot counter clockwise. Completely counter clockwise the voltage dif is ~0,4Vdc.
Any idea where the problem could be or where to start looking?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.