HIFONICS ZXi 1008 car amp stuck in protect mode

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi everyone and Happy Thanksgiving,

I am working on my friends Hifonics Zxi 1008 car amp that is currently stuck in protect mode, and I need some help with it.

When the amp is powered up it goes into protect mode. I have done a diode check on all of the output transistors which are A1694's and C4467's and all seem to be ok. If I remove one of the driver transistors the protect mode shuts off and the amp will power up however I am still not getting any output from it. The driver transistors are D2061's and B1369's

Any help and troubleshooting tips you could provide would be very helpful and thank you again.

Tom S.

Can you install the drivers in either channel and get the amp to power up? That would tell you which channel was defective.
If I take out the one driver on the channel that has all of the output transistors in place the amp will power up but I don't get sound from that channel either.

I have included a wide shot picture of the top of the amp board if anyone is interested. I can also take more if more of them are needed as well.

Thanks
Tom S.

Attachments

• Picture 8.jpg
    Picture 8.jpg
    285.6 KB · Views: 220
I Think there is a pair of drivers for each set of the transistors therefore I believe there is 8 driver transistors plus there is a transistor in between the output transistors sets so you can really start to see the problem that I am having trying to keep this mess straight.

The base terminals of the output transistors go to the emitters of the differential amp transistors C3198's and KTB 1369,s. I believe that all of these need to be replaced and also the driver transistors and a couple of small resistors (47ohm) that they(the drivers) are connected to. That Should bring it out of protect mode right. If the drivers are not properly connected to the rest of the circuit i.e blown resistors, would that cause it to go into protect mode?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.