HIFONICS ZXi 1008 car amp stuck in protect mode

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Is there anyway to isolate the power supply part of the amp from the other stages for testing purposes? This is a testing project to learn from. If I cannot get it to work at least I can gain some knowledge from the information that I learn.

I want to thank you for your help while working on this. There doesn't seem to be a lot of information about this amp anywhere on the internet is that because it is considered a "throw away" amp?

Last edited:
rectifiers are out, pads clean

Result = No protect light, just green power light

tested rectifiers voltage drop

HERF1004GA = .406 V
HERF1004G = .406 V

Is that correct or should it be higher like 0.6 V?

datasheet says that this is an Isolation 10.0 AMPS, Glass Passivated High Efficient Rectifier. I looked at the datasheet but I cannot find the voltage drop unless it would be the same as a normal diode?

When I removed the rectifiers I removed one set on left side of board, clean up and tested still had protect light, when I removed the set on the right side of the board cleaned up and tested the protect light went out but I noticed that I did not have the 15 volts going to the op amps anymore.

I repaired a ZRX hifonics amp this week with independent supply.When i pull a particular rectifier the amp came out of protect .I left it long enough to realize the resistor supplying voltage to one of the zeners was extremely hot because of a bad zener.I replace the zener and that was it,

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.