PCA2000D problem

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Ok so I was able to find a problem and I thought I had solved it. One of the wires running from the Line Out Converter to my right rear speakers had come loose, so putting this back on my system starting pumping. Unfortunately when I turned my car off there was a very loud constant humming that didn't stop until I ripped one of the wires off the speaker.

So what has happened now? I think this is one of the main problems but why would it hum with the car off and continue until I pulled a wire out?

Sometimes the movement of the rear speakers, which are connected to the converter) causes an electrical signal to be produced which causes a sort of a feedback loop and can cause strange problems. I've heard of this happening several times to Honda cars but I'm sure that it's possible in others. The solution is to move the converter to the front speakers or some other source. I don't know if this will work in your vehicle but if you run out of other options, you can try it.

If you disconnect the wires from the speakers and leave them connected to the converter and the problem goes away, it will tell you if the problem is with the rear speakers.

Sometimes the movement of the rear speakers, which are connected to the converter) causes an electrical signal to be produced which causes a sort of a feedback loop and can cause strange problems. I've heard of this happening several times to Honda cars but I'm sure that it's possible in others. The solution is to move the converter to the front speakers or some other source. I don't know if this will work in your vehicle but if you run out of other options, you can try it.

If you disconnect the wires from the speakers and leave them connected to the converter and the problem goes away, it will tell you if the problem is with the rear speakers.
Its weird because if Ieave one side disconnected it runs alright for a while and I dont get that huge humming noise. Il have to try run it fron the fronts if i can get at them. Last resort would be to put my 1000-2 back in and i dont want to do that

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.