MTX 81000d

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hey perry I wonder if this could have something to do with the inductors heating up I found traces on the board that have been burn underneath MDOB

I removed MDOB at D198 and I also found the board has been fried the pads on D198 are not attached to the board neither there just floating around on top

Also not sure if it matters but it also looks like the MDOB could have been installed backwards

Attachments

• DSCF1007[1].jpg
    DSCF1007[1].jpg
    810.2 KB · Views: 65
  • DSCF1006[1].jpg
    DSCF1006[1].jpg
    672 KB · Views: 63
  • DSCF1010[1].jpg
    DSCF1010[1].jpg
    896.7 KB · Views: 62
Last edited:
This is my 81000D I think your thinking my MTX thunder 4122 I tried it without and the amp kept creating a popping sound and the led 238 would flash also now I think I have another issue with the amp powered and the rcas disconnected im getting a sound wave like the old car stereo radios when your trying to tune into a radio station on the good side tho the amp doesn't appear to be overheating no more during testing for over a hour it did not shut off once

Last edited:
So your saying remove the diode at D198 then check resistor in line with this diode ?

It looks like someone put this one in it because from researching on the internet it is suppose to be a FA203 diode

Also would this be causing the horrible background noise while the amp Is just powered on connected to a speaker but is not connected to rcas?

The 'FA' number isn't important. That's a production code or something similar. The part number is ES2D. If you look at multiple photos of the diodes used in these and similar amps, you'll see various numbers after FA but all will have ES2D.

D198, D199 and the large 1k resistor are all connected in parallel.

Leave D198 (confirm, striped end directly connected to RCA jack shields) out of the circuit.

I have .888 k ohm - .907 k ohm

Also on the striped side of D198 has cont. to the ground shield of the rcs jack

And since you mentioned D198 should be removed due to cause of a fire cause bad ground this boards burned underneath of the diode so im guessing the problems this amp is suffering is components possibly defective due to a bad ground

Last edited:
my 81000d has d198 burnt out and leads sitting on top the board. i noticed the amp seams like half power compared to my other 81000d got them both on american bass xfl 1544's and this one will be half power then pop on full power off and on and when its seams like half power i notice noise like the rca's are not grounded but i checked all grounds they are good. and is there an other es2d that has a function i dont need on the board that i can put in d198 place?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.