Quantum Audio QCA4000D

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
All op-amps have audio on Pins 1 and 7

I noticed that this resistor keeps burning up ive replaced it 3 times..

Its a 10 ohm 1/4 watt

Attachments

• IMG_7534.jpg
    IMG_7534.jpg
    306 KB · Views: 63
Last edited:
The 10ohm resistor 1 side of it connects to the negative speaker terminal
the othe side connects to the ground terminal and the 3rd leg of the power supply fets..

The Larger 10 resistor is in series with a cap and is tied in across the speaker termianls..

The 10 ohm 1/4 wat resistor that keeps burning up will not burn if there is no RCA's connected

Im am checking for audio with a scope and speaker..

If i increase the gain of the amp to anymore the 1/8 of the way up i get a square wave on the outputs..

If i hook my sine wave generator up to the amp amd connect a speaker to the amp i can get output out of it and here the 100hz sinne wave thru the speaker.. If i hook a cd player up to the amp and hook a speaker up to it i get no output

Last edited:
I think that the 1k would also burn but you can try it and that's probably what you should use after you find the fault (you shouldn't be getting a square wave on the outputs, no matter the signal source, assuming that the signal source isn't producing a sine wave that's amplified to a badly clipped signal at the output.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.