Alpine MRX-V60

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Let me rig something up, as my audio tester can I attach one speaker terminal to the main ground lug and the other speaker terminal to a test probe and start stabbing?

Also, should I be concerned with the op amps under the board? I mean as far as testing for audio is concerned.

I cant find audio anywhere,

Using my multimeter or my speaker as a tester. where would I put the black lead or the "neg" terminal of my speaker? I feel like I am not finding audio because I am not using my testing correctly.

trying to drive my speaker directly from my RCA jack does not produce audible noise. maybe I should switch to a more efficient speaker like earphones?

Yes, everytime I touchdown on 12v it reminds me it is still good. I just tested it and it is working off of a test tv. I just re tested the speaker directly off of the RCA and it does seem to make audio.

I thought I would enclose a picture of the underside of this amp, there seems to be a lot going on here.

I tried putting the neg speaker lead to the sheild of the RCA signal in. I can get very faint audio at the speaker outputs and at the speaker terminals. But there is a lot of static compared to the faint audio. After moving my speaker lead to the RCA jack, it is far mor forgiving when I stab DC

Attachments

• P1010120.JPG
    P1010120.JPG
    895.1 KB · Views: 52
I'm back

I can get "audio" on the speaker terminals but it is just static. the interesting thing I have found is that I can adjust the gain and move the voltage up and down from about 6v AC on the bridged terminal to around .5v AC. These voltages are about the same on the bridged terminals as the single channels. If I connect a speaker it goes into protect and shuts off, this takes a little longer if the voltage is really low. If I switch around the RCA terminals to the RCA input channel 1/2 or 3/4 the speaker out put voltage at the terminals correspond. 2 channels get voltage at the outputs while the opposing 2 go very close to 0v

Regardless of which channel has an audio signal I have 10-12v AC on the sub woofer channel but I cannot get it to go up or down by playing with gains or the input level volume. It remains the same even with the input volume turned to zero. I am afraid to hook up a speaker to that.

I can get a scope tomorrow, does alpine have a history of supplying service manuals or schematics for these things? I remember MTX being probematic for information

If I do call alpine tech support, do you have any advice for specific questions I should ask? Or manuals I should ask for?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.