Alpine MRX-V60

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello everyone!

I have an Alpine MRX-V60 that seems to power up but there is something wrong in the audio part. I cannot get any voltage to the speaker terminals.

I have gotten pretty good at figuring out power supply and output failures but this one seems to have micro controlled circuits and a multitude of dual channel op amps. I don't know if these are even serviceable or if anyone has a schematic for this amp. I have had the worst luck trying to fix digital stuff but I am still have lots of questions as to how the function and how to diagnose faulty digital stuff.

Anyone who could possibly point me in the correct direction would be appreciated. I can post pictures for anyone willing to help me.

Even from my fancy new close up camera!

Attachments

• P1010101.JPG
    P1010101.JPG
    553.2 KB · Views: 99
  • P1010102.JPG
    P1010102.JPG
    643.5 KB · Views: 65
  • P1010096.JPG
    P1010096.JPG
    887.6 KB · Views: 123
  • P1010097.JPG
    P1010097.JPG
    724.8 KB · Views: 123
  • P1010098.JPG
    P1010098.JPG
    708.9 KB · Views: 104
  • P1010100.JPG
    P1010100.JPG
    523.6 KB · Views: 105
At the speaker terminals i was looking for anything >0v AC, right now that is all that i have and my RCA inputs are jumping around .4-.7v AC

Would I sound like an idiot if i said "I cant find any output transistors?

I have 4x IRF3205s bolted to the heat sink. and some rectification TO-220 cases next to them, but on the other side there is nothing. I have not pulled the mainboard out of the aluminum case yet and I suspect they could be under there?

I'm not too sure where to find either of the "output filter" or "rail voltage". I am rapidly thumbing through my notes and found that on previous repairs I found rail voltage at the largest capacitors on the board. I checked these ones and with my test lead on the ground terminal of the power coming into the amp and my red probe on the legs of all of the capacitors, I cant find any voltage greater than 0v DC

I do not have any voltage <15v DC any where on the board. I have checked almost all of the capacitors, the 2 linear transformers, all legs of the outputs, rectifers and power supply.

This is with my black lead on the main ground terminal and me stabbing away with the red.

The 2 bridged channels and the sub woofer channel are oscillating DC at start up

I enjoy following your steps but I am always left wondering what you are thinking, its rewarding chasing this down and watching my meter jump around, but what are you thinking is a possible cause of this symptom? or what is leading you to tell me to check this or that?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.