Hifonics BXi 2607D

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello received this amp for repair.

Powered amp, it powered up and did not go into protect, and I have relay engagement.

No audio.

Took amp apart to have a look and the whole power supply was fried!!! How was this amp powering up and getting relay engagement? The blue lights were on and the green light.

One IRF9640 was shorted and took the whole supply. The P/S fets are IRFP064N which are readily available.

The gate resistors look to be 1/4 watt 47 ohm? Most are burned hard to tell!!

2 of the FMU32U were broken off of the board. I cant find any does anyone know where to get them?

D31 a zenner diode was broken does anyone know the value or part number?

I included a few pics of the board and the removed melted parts!!

I have removed all the P/S fets and gate resistors, when power and ground is hooked up and remote applied the amp powers up red protect light goes out, green light comes on and relay engages. How is this amp powering up with the power supply removed????

Attachments

• TYPE RF and BRUTUS BXi2607D 003.jpg
    TYPE RF and BRUTUS BXi2607D 003.jpg
    1,010.9 KB · Views: 198
  • TYPE RF and BRUTUS BXi2607D 002.jpg
    TYPE RF and BRUTUS BXi2607D 002.jpg
    943.4 KB · Views: 198
Last edited:
The relay and lighting are powered from the primary side of the power supply so you don't need secondary voltage for them to function.

Try dB-r.com for the rectifiers. If you can't find them, you can salvage those by drilling the legs and inserting wires. Don't try just soldering to the legs.

Some amps with the 064s used 22 and some used 47. There should be enough left that measure close to the original value to determine which were used in this amp.

If D31 is in series with D30 and D30 is a 1N4148, D31 is a 39v Zener. It's not critical to the amp's operation so you can test without it.

DB-R returned my e-mail and said they do not sell these parts. Well I guess it will be a 10-20 day wait from China.

In the meantime I will receive the IRFP064N in a few days as well as the 1/4 watt 47 ohm gate resistors. I can get those installed, and the 9640's.

I have a brutus BXi 2006D coming tomorrow, maybe I can take the parts out of that and fix this amp and wait on the other amp for the parts to arrive.

Can I replace the Q7, Q8, Q7A, Q8A drivers with the BD139 and BD140 drivers I purchased?

I had to go to china for them as well.. At the same time I picked up some mospec L60d60d's , these are 60 amp doubles that some of the bigger hifonics used (again, leg breakers..) I ended up gettting the FMU32U's for around 1.25/piece but closer to $2 each after shipping I think.

The more frustrating part of the FMU32U parts is trying to even find replacements! I haven't looked in awhile, but finding diodes wired as a "double" is hard enough, and the catch is finding them with the polarity the same way as the FMU32U parts. IXYS makes some big double rectifiers, but the polarity is wrong if I recall.

Same here, utsource have those hard to find components and their shipping is much cheaper than USA distributors.

Can't believe nuwark charged me 9 bucks for shipping me 30 clips that cost 5 bucks. They could if used a small box like utsource does and shipped it first class for about 4 bucks. But no they had to use a giant shoe size box for the small clips.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.