Rockford Fosgate T30001

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Does anyone know the function of U401 and why it is so hot it is burning my fingers upon touching it?

I think it is emitting the pulsing chirping squeeling noise. Maybe there is something in line with it that is causing this? T401 is sure loose and flopping around whatever that thing does. It looks like a transformer maybe????

The board number is PC-4760-A

Last edited:
I replaced the transformer and the IC, the amp powers up now without chirping and pulsing and nothing is getting hot anymore.

The output is distorted, only producing the lower half of the waveform, and the p/s gates dont have a square wave its really funny looking.

I dont think the amp is powering the output board properly its hardly drawing any current.

When you first power up the protect light is on then it goes out and makes a funny noise like something is charging up then it quits.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.