Rockford Fosgate T30001

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Perry...... I have found a mistake I have made, I forgot or missed to solder one of the legs of the new transformer I soldered on the board. I soldered it re-installed R316 and the amp produces clean audio on the scope.

I am going to clamp it down and re-test to ensure the problem is solved.

I should have caught that something was wrong when the one 3706 IC had a different voltage reading on pin 1 of U410......BRB!!!!

Problem WAS solved......I resoldered resistor and powered up the amp and produced clean audio and all was good. I removed the output board to put thermal grease down and forgot to disconnect the power.

Re-installed output board and was hooking up red/blue/white wires and when I hooked up the red wire HUGE spark and now amp wont power up does nothing but squeels really loud, so I unhooked output board to see if the problem was there but no.....still same issue.....none of the p/s fets test shorted but amp will not power up now.

I dont know what I have done here any ideas????

Pins 13 and 16 on the 3526 have a perfect square wave as well as all the p/s fets gate legs. I dertermined this with just ground and remote hooked up.

Upon trying to power the amp it squeels loudly and draws about 20 amps then subsides to about 15 amps but I only leave power to it for a few seconds because I dont want to pop anything.

The voltage across the red and blue wires is about 84 vdc while powering the amp, I just stuck a lead from my meter into each wire and tried to power to get a reading. The rail caps are 160V caps so the answer to this question would be no.

This is very frustrating the amp was working great.....but still seemed to struggle a bit powering up. I think there is a fault some where in the power supply, but I believe the output section to be fixed.

The schematic is a little confusing to me I was trying to see what the red wire was tied in with from the power supply side but they show it in like 3 different spots on the schematic and I cant tell which is what. I saw one spot where it was tied in with some small transistors maybe blew those?

What do you think?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.