Rockford Fosgate T5002

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Lets work with the 1000 series channel for now. I need the voltage across those resistors with the bis pot fully clockwise and with the bias pot fully counter-clockwise.

Are you sure that you have the voltage/pin configuration correct for the bias transistors? The voltage shouldn't be higher on the emitter than on the collector.

I replaced the LM317 and The LM337 and it stopped burning the resistors..

The crazy thing about this amp is If i lay my finger across the board around the Q1000 all th way to Q1005 I can get the distortion to go away and output is clean

If i do the same for the 2000 series parts that channel also has clean output as soon as i remove my finger from the board the distortion comes back..

I removed all the components in that area (1000 series parts) cleaned the board and resolderd everything still distorts until i lay my finger across the board..

If i try to bridge the amp Left + right - i get very lil output almost no output at all

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.