rock fosgate 250 a2 help.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
thanks for the link. looks like every fet chip in the amp is shorted.
the left side matches the right side for shorts,- like u 1620 leg 1 and 3 short on both sides.
I can get most of the replacement fet chips on ebay, but I cannot find U1620.
is there a replacement chip for u1620?
for 5NO5HD, I was told to use irf 3205 - is that correct?

Don't buy semiconductors from ebay. There are too many counterfeit parts being sold there.

Buy from digi-key, mouser, arrow or future electronics.

The rectifiers appear shorted because the outer legs of the rectifiers are connected across the transformer windings.

The IRF3205s are generally good substitutes for the power supply FETs. If the gate resistors are greater than 51 ohms, replace them with 47 ohm resistors.

thanks perry, if u need car help send me a message.
most people never change the power steering fluid on there cars,
u can tell by smelling the fluid it will smell burnt when bad.
the same with rear axle drive cars, people never change the gear oil. (every 15k miles)

r142,r150,r152 & r242,r250,r252 all read 12.3 ohm's
gate at voltage regulator Lm337 and Lm337sp = r25,r26,r27 I get no readings R28=117 ohm's.
I was testing random resistors and some of them I get no reading.
not sure if i am making contact with the metal.
sometimes the meter flashes a reading for a split sec. then goes n/a?

Some resistor values will be much greater than 200 ohms. If your meter isn't auto-ranging, you have to change the setting to read the value of the resistors.

Reading the resistors in the board is not going to give accurate readings for higher value resistors. If a resistor looks like it has overheated, it needs to be checked, otherwise it's likely OK.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.