PPI PC2600.2 power supply issues help needed

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
absolutely no sounds at all even when u connect the speaker while the unit is on
i can press any button on the unit but nothing happens ,no sounds no buzz

sound source is 100 % good i tested i know good amp and sound comes out

plugging the rca after the unit is on docent change nothing -no noice no change

Last edited:
Drive a test tone of 50-100Hz into the amp. Set the crossovers to off/flat, set the gain to the highest setting. Set the -12dB switch to off (if it has one). What is the AC (not DC) voltage on pins 3 and 4 of the driver boards?

Place the black probe on one of the non-bridging speaker terminals when measuring the voltage.

while soldering the 100 ohm resistor in test A the transistor fell off the board and i was able to clearly see the damage under it where the trace is no good .i have no connection now and I'm thinking the other driver board is the same story.shouldn't i just look for replacements ,even tho they are pricey

If soldering to one leg made the transistor fall off, the driver boards are likely badly damaged. If you shine a bright light from the back of the board and examine the solder connections, there should be no light getting through the trace near the solder connection. If you can see light through multiple connections, the boards are not likely practical to repair.

The replacement boards are $30 from Robot Underground. If you can find them for less, post the link.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.