PPI PC2600.2 power supply issues help needed

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
hello

the rookie is trying to fix nice PPI Pc2600.2 I'm seeing few issues

1 -green light comes on but the amp is not powering .all fets are tested and no shorts and no repairs in the past that i can see.At the power supply fets I'm getting 1v on the gates and 11 on the middle legs

2- one of the driver cars looks like it was getting hot -bit brownish under it

3 the mystery- one resistor is mounted on the board but not soldered r192 its between q71 and q72 transistors .it looks like it has never been soldered to the board just mounted

1. That would generally mean that the power supply is running.

2. Does it look like the board it discolored or could it be something on the board? Is it discolored top and bottom?

3. Is there any solder on the bottom of the board? It seems like it would have fallen out if not soldered in.

4. Operating the amp without the bottom cover in place is dangerous because the transistors can overheat and fail quickly, especially if there is a problem. When troubleshooting it without the cover, install shunts on the 2-pin headers JP1 and JP4 while troubleshooting when the cover is not tightly screwed down. There are regulator transistors on each side of the amp. They will get hot and can fail even if there are no problems with the amp. Watch their temperature closely. If you do it by touch, only touch the plastic part of the transistor.

there is discoloration on both top and bottom of the board under the driver card .light brown discoloration .soldering looks bad like cold solder will do them again
that r192 can be soldered on the top of the board only ,i dosent look like it has ever been soldered there but why the hell should someone put it there ???resistor legs are gently folded so its stays on the board but not soldered

so I'm back to this boy,i did some testing on

op in the power supply lm 393n

pin 1: 0.1v
pin 2: 3.5v
pin 3: 2.4v
pin 4: 0
pin 5: 0
pin 6: 0
pin 7: 0
pin 8: 4.5 v

pin 6 and 7 are connected in the board

U1 SG3525A Pulse width modulator
Pin 1 Inverted Input = 2.5V
Pin 2 Non-Inverted Input = 2.5V
Pin 3 Sync = 0.00V
Pin 4 Osc Output = 0.1V
Pin 5 Ct = 0,0V
Pin 6 Rt = 3.5V
Pin 7 Discharge = 2.0V
Pin 8 Soft Start = 4.5
Pin 9 Compensation = 1.0V
Pin 10 Shutdown = 0.00V
Pin 11 Output A = 0.9 = drives the MOSFETS at the Gate
Pin 12 GND = 0.0V
Pin 13 Vcc = 14.0V
Pin 14 Output B = 0.9V = drives the MOSFETS at the Gate
Pin 15 Vcin = 12.0V
Pin 16 Vref = 5.10V

so looking thru few other listings here for amps using the same modulator people are getting 3-4 volts on legs 11 and 14

any ideas

If it's producing rail voltage, the power supply IC is working properly.

The following photo shows the markings for the thermistors (which are under the board).

Attachments

• IMG_1753x.jpg
    IMG_1753x.jpg
    259.8 KB · Views: 76
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.