filter for sure t-amp in car?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
thats my plan for the next time. although ive got the converter, it bothers me i wasn't able to just code it to the low-level output and solder on some rca plugs. ive been looking for info on this and i *think* this is the data sheet for the ic chip in my radio. it all looks crazy to me. maybe you guys can understand what type of signal it is?(common-ground, balanced, ect.)
thanks for any info
http://www.datasheetcatalog.org/datasheet2/e/0l28sid9qt1h5xuwhfq677ehklpy.pdf

ok. thanks.

so im guessing the only way to get a real rca output is to tap the processor outputs like some of the other vw/audi head units have.(or im guessing by the pin outs)

another question, to try an eliminate some things. would dc offset from my amp cause weird distortion? im getting a metalic/tingy distortion in the upper speakers on the moderate to louder volume levels. or is that just from overpowering? or possibly over powering my amp inputs?
im thinking its from overpowering the inputs, because with my DMM my front speakers resistance is around 6ohms, and on the amp specs its says my amp with 24v is rated at 30w with a 6ohm load, then thats split between 3 speakers per front channel. im pretty sure that using a DMM isnt an accurate way to get impedance, but i thought it might be close enough

The amp will likely clip well before you overload the inputs.

In most head units without preamp level outputs, there is no usable preamp signal in the head unit. To drive the IC to full power, the volume IC doesn't need to produce more than about 1/2v AC.

Many of the audio amplifier ICs are so quiet that you can get a relatively clean signal when using a good quality line output converter.

so you think my distortion is from clipping?(thats what i meant by overpowering the inputs) the bass distorts too, but i was thinking it was from overpower, but tonight i noticed it can happen at lower volumes too, with rap or bass heavy music.
im assuming then, im actually getting less power than i thought to my front speakers, and therefore the amp is clipping at a lower volume. i might try and change or remove a speaker in the door, to try and get a different load, and see how it sounds then.

i have a PAC SOEM-4 as a converter from the head unit low level, to single ended.
but i didnt really take a lot of time to adjust the outputs on it. im pretty sure they are too high. tomorrow (hopefully) i will adjust them with a pink noise test signal from my phone through the aux input, then measure at the RCA's. im gonna aim for 1.5v at the very top 7/8 of the volume scale

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.