filter for sure t-amp in car?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
would a high power loc degrade quality? i heard that only the expensive ones dont.
im trying to keep this as cheap as possible too.
i think im going to rewire the loc's from right behind the hu and run rca's to the amp instead of running the speaker wires to the amp where the loc are.
then maybe ground them to the hu

would a high power loc degrade quality? i heard that only the expensive ones dont.
im trying to keep this as cheap as possible too.
i think im going to rewire the loc's from right behind the hu and run rca's to the amp instead of running the speaker wires to the amp where the loc are.
then maybe ground them to the hu
Your current LOC's may be the issue with all the noise. I would consider THESE. I mean short of buying a new head-unit that has at least 2-5v pre-outs to drive the signal to your amps the stinger converters would be cheaper. Yes I would run that at the radio with no speaker connected. Just radio to LOC and rca to amp.

well i re-did the front loc from right at the back of the head unit, hoping to get less noise but its still there. im gonna try to reground the amp to the seat bolt tonight, if i can find time. havent bothered with the pots yet. dont think they will change the noise at all.
if i have time i might try to make a choke-capacitor filter out of some old computer psu parts. dont think i have a large enough cap handy tho.

well i ended up getting a P.A.C. SOEM-4 to solve my problem. i guess the hu was either balanced/differential, or 4 wire common ground. i used my vag-com and programmed it for low level output and it sounded much better as far as the quality, but the whine and buzz were worse when the car was on. so i put the loc in there to convert to a normal single ended signal. now i have very very little buzz from the rear speakers only, and very very faint whine. you cant hear the buzz with the car running, and you can only hear the whine if the volume is all the way down. first notch up and its drowned out. im pretty sure both issues are from my extra cheap rca's i used for my rear input.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.