schematics for rockford fosgate punch 100aII

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi guys cool site here! was wondering if anyone had a schematic for a rockford fosgate punch 100aII? can't seem to find one. power supply is busnt up. the fet's (buz11's) not sure if any surface mount stuff is bad or not yet. the led doesn't come on and the amp will put out some sound, but is very low. any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks in advance! Adam

Dont have a schematic for the 100a2 but you can email rockford and they will send you one. The original power supply fets were probably BUZ103 and they used a 100 ohm gate driver. What board number do you have? PC ?? I have probably 100 parts boards laying around if you need help determining where to start and what to replace.

thanks for the schematic zeon. Sean, the board says Rockford corp fosgate div. pc-2032-c. the buz-11's are burnt for sure but any info on what may also need replaced and where i could find them would be great. thanks, Adam

You can order the parts from:

Ebay
Mouser
Allied
Digikey
Pacparts

I stock all the parts if you have paypal I can set up an auction on E-bay and you can pay me for the parts. Change the power supply fets, change the gate drives for them as well, and right by the PWM probably TL494C their are 4 surface mount driver transistors marked 1A and 2A, those all need to be changed as well. First determine what caused the power supply to fail. Likely someone reversed polarity in hooking up the amp or an output fet failed and shorted the power supply. The output fets will be IRF540 and IRF9540. Also check the gate drives for the output fets and the emitter resistors for the output fets. Sometimes if the output fails it can take out some of the 1A and 2A smd components in the channel as well. Let me know what you need for parts and help I will happy to help you.............

you're right sean, buz 103's. not really sure what happened to the amp, had my car parked for 5 yrs cause i lost my license. :-( at some point i removed my speakers but I'm pretty sure i didn't leave the wires in any condition that they could touch but ya never know. if the speaker outs touched wouldn't the output fet's be fried? or would you not be able to tell? the gate drivers you're talking about, would they be (on the output fet's) barrel type transistors without the heatsink? Q212, Q213 and Q112, Q113? marked MPS A56 M902-MPS A56 M846 on the component? and the emitter resisters, would they be r150, r152 and r250, r252? marked 100 on the component?

you're right sean, buz 103's. not really sure what happened to the amp, had my car parked for 5 yrs cause i lost my license. :-( at some point i removed my speakers but I'm pretty sure i didn't leave the wires in any condition that they could touch but ya never know. if the speaker outs touched wouldn't the output fet's be fried? or would you not be able to tell? the gate drivers you're talking about, would they be (on the output fet's) barrel type transistors without the heatsink? Q212, Q213 and Q112, Q113? marked MPS A56 M902-MPS A56 M846 on the component? and the emitter resisters, would they be r150, r152 and r250, r252? marked 100 on the component?

If the speaker wires touched the output fets could be shorted. The gate drivers will be on the left leg of the output fets which is the gate, probably will be 10 Ohm marked 100 on the component. The barrel components you see one for each output fet are the emitter resitors 0.1 Ohm I use 2 watt, they will be color coded brown, black, silver, gold. The MPS A56 and MPS A06 are general purpose amplifiers. If they are bad you could have distortion in your channel the ones inline with the outputs are likely MPS 6521 a NPN low level amplifier. I dont have a board sitting in front of me nor a schematic so I cant really relate to specific locations on the board.

yeah, got a fluke and I know how to use it! haha I'm a soldering fool as well. I'm an industrial maintenance tech by trade and have a good working knowledge of electricity, I know what resistors, caps, transistors etc, etc are, what they do and how to replace them. however, i have not had much "electronics theory" anyway, i guess i should remove and test the output fets, that should let me know if i need to look further into the amplification section right?

schematics for rockford fosgate punch 100aII Reply to Thread

@ SeanKane, great post on this thread. I have a few RF amps that have the distortion in 1 channel problem. Following your advice, I may be able to get a few units up and listed on ebay now. Thanks so much, to all of you that contribute to this site.

vrs
hed audio & elec.
aka 404Amp$

Ok. I am in a similar situation with an old Punch 150, board number Rockford CP PC-150K3. I pulled the cover off the back of it and could see that a couple of the parts were burnt up. This is going to be my first amp rebuild project and I am in need of some guidance on what to buy and replace on this old jewel. Like Hatefist I can see that a bank of 4 black componets with 3 prongs coming off each one, they are coated with a white lithium grease on the bottom side mated to the body of the amp and look to be burnt up...not sure what the proper terminology is but on each of the 4 parts buth they have stamped on them "buz11 R-931" motorolla stamp on them also. Like I said this is going to be my first project with an amp rebuild, however I am mechanically inclined enough to get the job done right. Maybe a little sloppy with some soldering work but I will learn as I go. I am looking for some insight on what I may need to purchase to get the amp working again. Thanks in advance, Clint

I need some help, i was replacing the IRF540 and the IRF9540, I remove them but, now I have new parts I forgot where they go. Does anyone have the schematics for the PC-2032-C ? or can anyone see which part goes on Q219 and Q215 on the board? thanks I really like this little amp is been with me for many years

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.