Directed 750 D

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I got this amp in for repair and resoldered the pads on the 2 boards in the amp for the gain and crossover.

Amp powers up and plays but the gain control and the switches do not work in this amp.

It only plays full range music and cant get the gain control or any switch to work.

Wondering what might cause this?

Perry,

Heres the pics of the preamp and output section I still cant figure out why the switches/pots do not work

Attachments

• Picture 368.JPG
    Picture 368.JPG
    124.9 KB · Views: 70
  • Picture 369.JPG
    Picture 369.JPG
    167 KB · Views: 68
  • Picture 370.JPG
    Picture 370.JPG
    139 KB · Views: 69
On the defaced IC closest to the potentiometer, there should be signal on pin 3. You'll have to follow the signal back from there to see where it goes. The next connection back down the line is likely an op-amp (or two). You'll need to follow it back until you come to a circuit that has both a varying and a non-varying voltage.

I'm assuming that you've examined the board and haven't found any jumpers, solder bridges or broken connections.

I had this amp fixed and gave it back to the customer.

He brought it back today with a differnt problem.

If i hook up power and ground its fine.

If i hook up power,ground,remote, it draws excessive current. I checked the outputs all seem to test fine checked power supply fets all seem good.

The inductor looks like theres some white residue in the middle of it not sure if that normal?

Wondering where do i start checking since this thing draws excessive current

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.