M&M PA-250 amplifier investigated

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hey Tom, long time no hear! I do hope all is well over there. Got that tractor running yet?

This is the only M&M I have, and the only M&M amp I've seen except for the picture of gisewhcs' MM250.

I wouldn't dare tear it up. A power supply redo would be from scratch, on a new board, and plug right into to the existing molex plugs. The same BCE mounting would most likely be the only option to avoid drilling. But unsoldering the power supply leads and cutting a couple of wire ties would be inevitable, and so far I couldn't bring myself to do even that.

Have you seen this one before?

Seen quite a few of them. There are some new in box ones for sale that I know of, and a prototype 500 series that I know of. They are nice amps. Owned a few a long time ago, but like most, they got raided for parts and chunked when I tried to give up audio repair. The new in box ones that I know of (I think) are $250, and the 500, that guy wants $600 on it. He is the guy that sold off all the M&M factory leftovers on Ebay awhile back. I didn't know about it till too late, so I got the crumbs. (few grills, mids, and thats about it) ... The rest of the M&M stuff I have has been found while lurking around audio shops and the internet. Nice amp. I want it if you ever decide to let it go... BTW, tractor is fixed. (head gasket is all it was)... Hope all is well. Will email you directly here soon.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.