Need Help with Linear Power 3.2HV

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
You need to confirm that the power supply is working. Measure the voltage on the output transistors. With your meter set to DC volts and the amp powered up, measure the voltage from the case of an MJ15022 to the case of an MJ15023. If you get no voltage, go to the mounting screws for the transistors.

How much voltage is there across the transistors?

Perry Babin said:
You need to confirm that the power supply is working. Measure the voltage on the output transistors. With your meter set to DC volts and the amp powered up, measure the voltage from the case of an MJ15022 to the case of an MJ15023. If you get no voltage, go to the mounting screws for the transistors.

How much voltage is there across the transistors?

I'm not getting any voltage from the 022 to the 023's and nothing from them to the m screws of the 2n5302's. But I do get 12.8 volts from B- to 2n5302 cases. Hope that helps?

Perry Babin said:
Pin 3 should be near ground. When you apply remote voltage, does the voltage on pin 6 begin to rise slowly?

Post the voltage for the rest of the pins on the 555.

I don't see a 555 timer on the board. i have been measuring from a MC1455P1 timer. I hope this is right??? Anyway pin 6 with no power is 0.60 and then goes to 0 (grounds) No voltage when amp is on.

1.) 0
2.) 12.43
3.)11.72
4.) 12.35
5.) 1.30
6.) 0
7.) 0
8.) 12.36

http://www.onsemi.com/pub_link/Collateral/MC1455-D.PDF

Here is the data sheet for the MC1455P1......

Perry Babin said:
It should be very near the 555. It's likely to be a small electrolytic. One leg will be connected to pin 6. The other will be connected to ground.

If it's defective and you remove it, the amp should come on but without the normal delay.

Should the pins 6 and 7 be soldered together? and pin 5 go to the remote turn on wire?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.