Fancy building your own CD player with built in non-oversampling DA converter from a kit?
Look no further.
Based on a TEAC transport and ye olde Philips TDA1543 for the nonoversampling DAC
DAC is basically the Progression DAC (see DAC of ther Klones)
or salient details:
-top loading, close to the lit to automatically load the TOC.
- isolated digital and analog power supplies
- ATMEL AVR microcontroller, custom program/operating system
- simple, easy to understand display and controls
- standalone or use as a transport with external DAC
- small footprint, B5 size(W250 × H65 × D175mm)
- comes with a remote!
Although offered as a kit or pre-built, my suspicion is that all the real work has already been done: programming the microcontroller, now that's an area where most DIYers still fear to tread!
Not too many kit/home build CD players...