• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

AudioSector-chip amp kits, dacs, chassis

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Re: DAC Trouble Shooting

If your CDP has output caps, it should not output DC. However, if you measure DC directly after caps, without shunt resistor, there may be a residual voltage present, which should dissapear after connecting to the next stage. Connect the CDP to the amp, with amp disconnected from the speakers, and measure DC offsets then: on amp's input and on amp's output.

If my calculations are correct, using 50k pot in parallel with 22k input shunt resistor and 2uF coupling cap will produce 5Hz cut off freq in worst case (it will also depend on pot setting).

wdavis009 said:
Finally got around to finishing the DAC...it's been a very busy winter. Unfortunately, I am having some problems. First, I have 7.35V after R1 but only only 4.25V after R3. Second, is no sound at all. Any suggestions? :xeye: Amps have been working flawlessly, so all is not bad. :)

What is the voltage on transformer secondaries?

karma said:
looks like audiooasis owns the webpage now. hmm time to remove that link. im sure thay make good money without my help
:rolleyes:

Audiooasis was always handling AudioZone sales. Personally I'm not impressed by new website either, it does not look professional. Well, they used different services than I did ;)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.