AudioSector-chip amp kits, dacs, chassis - Page 25 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Vendor Forums > Audio Sector

Audio Sector Kits & PC boards from AudioSector

Old 6th May 2005, 05:08 PM   #241
diyAudio Member

Send a message via AIM to Peter Daniel
Just short the caps with jumpers. If you will get undistorted signal, it means you can probably operate the DAC without those caps. Also, you might prefer the sound with the caps in place. The performance is largely dependant on output stage of your transport.

I must have mixed up the caps with ferites. You need two OsCons and two ferrites. I will send you one more OsCon
“Do something really well. See how much time it takes. It might be a product, a work of art, who knows? Then give it away cheaply, just because you feel that it should not cost so much, even if it took a lot of time and expensive materials to make it.” - JC
Old 6th May 2005, 05:10 PM   #242
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Stabist
And you get nickel as a kind of color or ???
Yes, the nickel coating is like grey paint, additionally, it is conductive.
“Do something really well. See how much time it takes. It might be a product, a work of art, who knows? Then give it away cheaply, just because you feel that it should not cost so much, even if it took a lot of time and expensive materials to make it.” - JC
Old 6th May 2005, 05:14 PM   #243
vgeorge is offline vgeorge  Greece
diyAudio Member

Thank you Peter!

I only was a bit worried that I did something wrong!

George
Old 6th May 2005, 07:31 PM   #244
diyAudio Member

Starting last week, a new LM4780 board is being shipped with the kits. The price didn't change yet, and will be the same untill weekend's over, after that it increases to $25/board.

The main upgrade here is improvement in PS section, so more options, including snubber, can be implemented. The idea is the same as with my LM3875 board, which I described here: http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showt...429#post584429

Also the amp section is more flexible now, allowing to use all 3 possible conigurations: stereo, bridged and parallel.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg new board 1.jpg (86.5 KB, 9432 views)
Old 6th May 2005, 07:37 PM   #245
diyAudio Member

Comparing with previous version, the layout has been greatly simplified, mainly with regards to input ground and signal traces. The board has also bottom layer silk screening, so no more confusion where Zobel resistors should go
Attached Images
File Type: jpg new board 2.jpg (96.7 KB, 9064 views)
Old 6th May 2005, 07:44 PM   #246
diyAudio Member

Here's a pic of a stereo setup. Input and output (for each channel) are marked by IN and OUT (in a same outline), SG is for signal ground connection. There are two output ground (OG) hookup points (one for each channel).

The resistors values are as follows:
R3/R5 680R
R0/R4 22k
R6/R7 1k (lower value, down to 200R can be used instead)
R1/R2 22k

No output resistors (0.1R) are used with stereo setup. Same configuration applies to bridge setup, as long as balanced source is connected.

One board allows two separate stereo applications ( which can be suitable for bi amping) and one stereo bridged application.

I will be able to supply 1/2 of the main board only as well (for single stereo application).
Attached Images
File Type: jpg stereo.jpg (79.9 KB, 11210 views)
Old 6th May 2005, 07:52 PM   #247
diyAudio Member

Here's parallel setup. In this case R0 is not being used, as input shunt res. R4 is shared by both sections of the amp.

You only used left input IN and left SG. The output is taken from a center point now marked by OUT with two parallel lines).
Attached Images
File Type: jpg parallel.jpg (70.5 KB, 9920 views)
Old 6th May 2005, 07:55 PM   #248
diyAudio Member

In order to tie both inputs together (before 1k resistors) a jumper needs to be installed, as pictured.

Also notice, that Rm is SMD resistor. So far, the miniature resistors were supplied for this location (10k), but I might switch to SMD in a future.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg parallel bottom.jpg (63.4 KB, 9660 views)
Old 6th May 2005, 07:56 PM   #249
diyAudio Member

I made it also possible to use T0-220 output resistors, as been suggested by our UK members
Attached Images
File Type: jpg alternative res.jpg (63.9 KB, 8175 views)
Old 6th May 2005, 07:58 PM   #250
diyAudio Member

I will be also able to supply premium components for both stereo/bridged and parallel configurations. Before any info is posted on a website, please contact me directly.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg premium 4780.jpg (85.4 KB, 8805 views)

Hide this!Advertise here!