Linn LP12 Trampolin Kit

Hi, everybody out there,

this is my first post on this forum. I'm using a fully equipped LP12 as a main source for listening. This means: LP12, Aro, Armageddon, Cirkus-Kit, Trampolin-Kit, Benz Ruby 3 Cartridge.

I'm lookin for your experience with the Trampolin Kit. Is it useful, if one has a really rigid stand? Does it better the sound... or not...:xeye:

I'm very keen to read about your experiences.

Have a nice time.

Wolfgang

wolfgang, the trampolin kit lasted 1 week in my system. my linn is mounted on a wall rack (metal soundesign rack). i replaced the glass shelf with a neuance platform and noticed that by taking the trampolin out, and leaving the bottom empty, it sounded way better. i just added bump-ons (feet supplied by 3M scotch). i have never looked back and no more diaphragm under the linn to muddy up the sound.

in your set-up, the trampolin can be the ticket and work great! i just didn't like it on my set-up. this you have to try for yourself and judge with your own ears :).

i run the lp-12, ittok (hopefully an aro soon) and dynavector xx2.

regards

As time went on, LP12s changed in their presentation. Later models are tighter and dryer than early ones, and may bebefit from the Trampolin base if you prefer a more euphonic sound. IMHO, fitting the Trampilin to an earlier model, though, is disasterous - it can push the sound over the edge, resulting in a complete mess. As Dogscanskate says, you relly need to try it - but there are many cheaper options to try first. My early LP12 stood on a sheet of heavy plate glass, which was isolated from its shelf by a tyre innertube!

I recently had my Linn apart to fix the power supply. When I put it back together I wondered about leaving the flimsy bottom off, or adding a Trampolin or one of the other after market solid bases. My final decision was to take an old Mission Isoplat I had laying around and machining it to fit the inset where the old baseboard was fitted. The Isoplat is made of 5/8 MDF and is quite dead. It works and sounds great. The bass is tighter and the stage is more open. My table also sits on a Target wall mount stand so the mechanical isolation was already quite good.

The Isoplat used to sit under my CD player but I really didn't notice any significant benefit from it. I measured the Isoplat and it was just the right size to sit under the Linn. After cutting an inset all the way around, it fits tightly into the bottom of the plinth. The Isoplat is then screwed into the plinth. It reminds me of the old Mission 775 table with the Sorbethane feet.

Attachments

• linn_isoplat.jpg
    linn_isoplat.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 340