Not the wife in the kitchen

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2014
Paid Member
But the wife on the sofa!

I picked up a couple of records from the 2 for a fiver bin at one of the record shops in town at the weekend. Popped one on as nothing on TV. A bit of noise from dirt, so whipped it off and quick clean and vac. Put it back on and got the 'that's much better' response. And she liked the music :)

So there you have it. Wives can hear the benefits of record cleaning equipment.

Fancy that, I've been playing with my U-Turn TT with Grado Black cart and last night I found my Monster Disk Stabilizer clamp. Wow, veils removed, the sound wells up from total blackness and the midrange blooms and is SO liquid, I'll never listen to digital the same again.

A lady at work once asked to to find some hardcore Gypsy to play on the office speakers. I found it, she was impressed. The boss was not.

What does the boss think of 1980's LA hardcore?

On the TT right now "Tibetan Buddhism Shedur : A Ghost Exorcisom Ritual the Venerable Yeshe Dorje Rinpoche, Master of the Rite Recorded in Dharamsala Himachal Pradesh By David Lewiston." mastered by the venerable Bob Ludwig.

Last edited:
Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
My wife's only comment about my record cleaner is that it scares our pet bunnies.. My reply is that the records shall be clean before playing unless she wants to pony up a large vet's bill worth of scratch to replace my SPU A95 prematurely.. lol

I am no match in the musical taste department for any of you guys... :cheers:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.