Not the wife in the kitchen

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
I used to see hurdy-gurdy players on the streets when I lived in Toulouse. A hot bed of Hurdy-Gurdyism, it seems. It's quite a raucous instrument. Where the hurdy-gurdy, the bagpipes and the accordion the loud party instruments before electric guitar?

Joined 2014
Paid Member
Bill - Why you no wanna hear the mariachi girls?

A second time... This was the 1997 mobile data conference, back when 9600 baud was speedy and unified messaging was considered a good thing. I'd only been living in the US for 12 months and all I knew of mariachi was speedy gonsalves! two hours of them was enough. maybe another decade and I'll be able to listen to it again. Meanwhile lots of weird stuff to discover still. like this guy https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GaD_KtK204A. Sure Scott has loads of this but no idea how they do the vibrato (Ngawong lodup, ex tibetan monk)

Nice. My father adored bagpipes. He could sit and listen to Scottish pipe & drum corp stuff for hours.

I don't know if I have anything that is way-out eclectic. I have some various traditional ethic music, eg Chinese or Native American.
I have a couple of the Hawaiian slack-key guitar albums on the Dancing Cat label. I really like those a lot.

My wife's only comment about my record cleaner is that it scares our pet bunnies.. My reply is that the records shall be clean before playing unless she wants to pony up a large vet's bill worth of scratch to replace my SPU A95 prematurely.. lol

I am no match in the musical taste department for any of you guys... :cheers:

I miss my bunnies, wonderful pets they were lived a full life and were big fans of Haydn & Bach but not Beethoven or Mahler.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.