Masterpiece

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
As far as i know it costs somewhere over 15,-$ maximum 50,$ from the maker or the distributor. You will laugh now but for the average DIYer this is a ton of money.
Here are other circuits with tubes from my Friend Allen Wright ( RIP ) that alerted me first that a double RIAA is not a good idea. Schematics
If this is fully balanced is a good question. He thought so.

that makes me laugh....ahahah!!
Also the average DIY doen't care to make something on his own but only copy things so they woulnd't do anything with that issue perhaps.
This is the only reasonable explanation I can find.

Thanks for this posting I will have to study these circuits, get the issue and start re-thinking the topology perhaps.

Are those super gm n-ch jfet easy to get?

I think they sell them , yes.

Now I am working on the paradise modified, making final RIAA measurements.
I got down to a precision of +/-0.05 dB 20Hz-20KHz which is not bad at all.

I could possibly release these frozen values in the next days.

Dealing now with an unstability and then put it back up for listening.

Then next week I will work more on the Masterpiece researching the part you highlighted, buy the issue and making some sim simulation of concept ideas.
See what comes out from the other side .. :D :D :D

:cool:

Here it is......

Attachments

• Oneshot Riaa.jpg
    Oneshot Riaa.jpg
    190.1 KB · Views: 160
I have no idea, I made for a power amp... hence the big transistors. The Riaa developed along the way, as I could see the gain-bandwidth was very high.. This was really the start of the persue of a one stage Riaa...that with JG and me collaborating on the paradise. This here the oneshot had all the good things from the paradise, the natural distortion distribution with lower distortion with higher frequency. Only thing is the noise and that it's merely a concept not a final circuit.

But made with the steep low noise fets, it can be a good contender.

Last edited:
one very good reason, we opted for bipolars...:) and we got into mirror type circuits. The onestage came from here, the input from JG's circuits..

In all a fruitful combination. There was never the intention on making a balanced input. more to do the best we could with the combinded knowledge we had.. also we wanted easy to get parts. so that it was possible to build for "normal" DIY'ers

Last edited:
And Stefanoo, we did not want to make the End Of Life phono stage. Just something good and innovative. That brings in a lot of new people into the game. That it got as good as it is plus extremely affordable and success guarantied happened because we all crushed our crowns and worked as a team.

nice....very nice.

I hope we can work as a team to create something more advanced... :cool:

I have no idea, I made for a power amp... hence the big transistors. The Riaa developed along the way, as I could see the gain-bandwidth was very high.. This was really the start of the persue of a one stage Riaa...that with JG and me collaborating on the paradise. This here the oneshot had all the good things from the paradise, the natural distortion distribution with lower distortion with higher frequency. Only thing is the noise and that it's merely a concept not a final circuit.

But made with the steep low noise fets, it can be a good contender.

Did you end up building the power amp with this topology?

No. this remained just a study, I drifted into CFB for power amps. Now looking at this again, I see fantastic options for forming a CFB structures around it making it into something spectacular. But that is another story.

Now the balanced input, novel folding and JG's special Jfets is on the table, something good in terms of a Riaa should be possible. Wonder if one could find a model of that Jfet, sure somebody somewhere must have made one...:)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.