Paradise Builders

Hello guys, after rererereading the part with changing the J310 to 2SK170. There are some Qs: should only the J310 been changed? In both shunt and amp stage (meen 2 or all 5 on board)? Should also an or some R´s been changed?
Please make a short;), clean;) answer for us half-baked cookies:D

If you want to replace the PSU J310's by 2SK170's then you need to replace the Rgs (R108/208 3.3k) with an resistors of 360 Ohm as shown in the schema that is with the graph. #1772 http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/analogue-source/218625-paradise-builders-178.html#post3419918

This 'upgrade' is only for the PSU J310's not for the RIAA J310's.

The preferred NJF to use is the J113 (not the 2SK170, but any NJF needing a Rgs of 1k or less is perfect, any NJF needing a Rgs of 2k or less is good, any NJF needing a Rgs of 3k or less is usable (but needs measurement to be sure that it is in spec)).

Last edited:
Hi Brainco
You now me:confused: I don't think so , dosend matter, where is your location
mainly, in Scottland or Ireland ?? I 'm a german and working in Kinnegard (Lagan Cement), living in Killucan Co Westmeath.:) My problem I have no scope in Ire ,my be you have one, and we can check me boards if you
like and not so far away. You can drop me down a PM as well.
Take care
Werner

Can someone tell me,"maybe a question for Frans" about heatsink temperature limits? I have measured 50 degree after 30 min steady
What is your experience gays with these temperatures ????
Take it easy
Werner

Hi Brainco
You now me:confused: I don't think so , dosend matter, where is your location
mainly, in Scottland or Ireland ?? I 'm a german and working in Kinnegard (Lagan Cement), living in Killucan Co Westmeath.:) My problem I have no scope in Ire ,my be you have one, and we can check me boards if you
like and not so far away. You can drop me down a PM as well.
Take care
Werner

Can someone tell me,"maybe a question for Frans" about heatsink temperature limits? I have measured 50 degree after 30 min steady
What is your experience gays with these temperatures ????
Take it easy
Werner

Like Joachim noted, up to 'environment' + 30 DegC (about 50 DegC) is fine for me, on a normal day (20 DegC) that gives 50 DegC, on a hot day 60 DegC, and in a heat-wave condition it will get up to 70 DegC (and that is fine too). Danger comes when the internal temperature goes above 80 DegC (that is still 20 DegC below the maximum allowable/sustainable temperature for the electrolytes).

You find humor in everything i say.

I do not know, I have been studying this one sentence and nothing funny came up, maybe you are loosing the ability to embed hidden humorous text, imbedded in a involuntary manner, in all you write. That would be a loss for the forum, and may eventually cause that we not will manage 1 Million messages in this forum. I will keep on looking for the hidden humor in your writings :) And in the writings of every body else :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=YI_dqSO30Mg

Last edited:
One can take the temperature out of the sinks with a bit of work.
This is diy after all
Case has a couple of holes covered with Stainless steel mesh outside the inner skin
and heat is transfered there with same cooper.

At the same time consider that inside the inner skin the temperature must be prety constant and no air current are alowed to stop the thermal drift

Attachments

• Sink temperature 003.jpg
    Sink temperature 003.jpg
    887.9 KB · Views: 365
One can take the temperature out of the sinks with a bit of work.
This is diy after all
Case has a couple of holes covered with Stainless steel mesh outside the inner skin
and heat is transfered there with same cooper.

At the same time consider that inside the inner skin the temperature must be prety constant and no air current are alowed to stop the thermal drift

Yes you can (and did) :) looks good.

Language

so it is equal witch NJF is used, I have to change the coupling R?!?!

Hello Werner, you work in Ire and do not speak the language???? AMAZING!!!

I work in Frankonia (Franken) and I don´t speak their language either;)
Hi libby
My english is not so so bad, it's good enough to work in an Irish Cement Plant as a Process Engineer since 8 years. But noboddy is perfect and
every day is a schoolday.
In this in mind, take care
Werner

Yes and you would see what you buy, To get transistors made especially for the Paradise input stage and still not knowing if they will work is out of my budget. besides She would probably be mildly Pissed off.

Knowing that it could be done amuses me.

But if you sell patent for the circuit maybe....