Paradise Builders

Joined 2006
Paid Member
One can take the temperature out of the sinks with a bit of work.
This is diy after all
Case has a couple of holes covered with Stainless steel mesh outside the inner skin
and heat is transfered there with same cooper.

At the same time consider that inside the inner skin the temperature must be prety constant and no air current are alowed to stop the thermal drift

I am really amazed with the thermal complexity :eek:

I have just changed the PSU transistors With the Toshiba's on one channel a quick listen to the noise (just the phono stage plugged in) and there is a big difference between the 2

When I say big difference I mean ear glued on to a Small set of speaker monitors and amplifier volume at max on my loft system barely audible on normal circumstances big difference mean that I can ear difference
By no mean I am emply that Paradise is noisy as it is not compared to many others I have, now is just a bit better.
I am going to change the PSU transistors on the other one and do a swap on the J110 with same 2SK170BL that I have in stock and compare the 2.

Unfortunately my test set up is pants Crappy scope and the Audiophile 192 + virtinis and ARTA has noise level of -80 dB so I feel ashamed to post any screen shoot but I am quite happily relay on battered 50 OD years old test rig that any way is pretty good (tanks Mama)

How nice wuld be if some one do this properly and maybe use transistor sokets to compare results is not for me to decide.

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
In your case a reduction comes from the CVS/CCS portion then. Maybe it had oscillations also that you solved with the Toshibas. You had shown a very thick line going much better on your scope with that change, but still not reduced to a really thin line. Your scope is 20MHZ analog and its much better for residual noise than entry level DSO. Just compare the line when your GND crock is shorting the probe's nose pin. If its much finer than what you get when scoping your rail, then the difference is genuine.

Tank you Salas will do that straight away
I just hope that this is taken as constructive effort to make a really exceptional phono stage and not as criticism to all involved
The Paradise is really good and to make this for DIY community deserve highest praise.

I am foolish mechanic by choice no problems with that but if hard work is needed I am happy to do it.
Electronics is pretty new to me so tanks for the effort to make me understand things better.
Love...

Tank you Salas will do that straight away
I just hope that this is taken as constructive effort to make a really exceptional phono stage and not as criticism to all involved
The Paradise is really good and to make this for DIY community deserve highest praise.

I am foolish mechanic by choice no problems with that but if hard work is needed I am happy to do it.
Electronics is pretty new to me so tanks for the effort to make me understand things better.
Love...

And when there is a hint of a possible improvement, I will jump in in, study it, publish my result, and from the experience I will have gained some knowledge (most of the time) and that is what I like :)

BTW If anything you should go for the J113 (not the 2SK170) in the PSU :)

Transistors faulty ?

Hi Floks
Yesterday in the evening I soldered the jumpers ,10kohm Res.at the input and put in the last missing parts in the RIAA section ( Thanks a lot Peter )
After power up, I saw and have measured following :

1. All LED's are on, no smoke and not so much heat, Happy:)
2. ThenI measured +/-18 Volt looks good.
But now problems, I have ca. +/-15volt,at the amp output and
ca. 15 Volt Ext. RIAA. both numbers to high.
Amp input ca. 2,5 Volt? Both boards exactly the same.:eek:

There is defently no short circuit what I can see.
Alfred say in his excelent user manual maybe a problem with the output
Buffer transistors. My problem is I have no clue where are this transistors
sitting and no clue how I can check them.:mad:
Many thanks for any help!!
Take care
Werner

And when there is a hint of a possible improvement, I will jump in in, study it, publish my result, and from the experience I will have gained some knowledge (most of the time) and that is what I like :)

BTW If anything you should go for the J113 (not the 2SK170) in the PSU :)

I know and you have proved that over and over again

The J113 are on order.
At the moment I am just triing one stage at the time one board at the time and listen.

I be realy upset to mess up the boards but at least is just the R2 so hopefuly by the time I start R3 all be well.

Altrought in my ignore list I can still hope to get same help here and there but hey me really really wrong

PMA what do you actually achieve whit a post like that?
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Don't bother to respond definitely on my really to ignore list now.
I reserve myself the right to delete part of this message as most probably I end up Sin Bin

Folks
I try it again, with my problems

Yesterday in the evening I soldered the jumpers ,10kohm Res.at the input and put in the last missing parts in the RIAA section ( Thanks a lot Peter )
After power up, I saw and have measured following :

1. All LED's are on, no smoke and not so much heat, Happy:)
2. ThenI measured +/-18 Volt looks good.
But now problems, I have ca. +/-15volt,at the amp output and
ca. 15 Volt Ext. RIAA. both numbers to high.
Amp input ca. 2,5 Volt? Both boards exactly the same.
AIkJFKhBVqRQHzANFOiizRJFAgJ4UHOggK8pMCbFuUXMSJYgTCbAQgBiwB1Sl3J5EggqioMRJ57I2AFk0YINdoANDNGKhaNHhFSg+lICgg2BWlYZKvQHAK4mUvAASGRrjZMeUEwNGQYAiaQqYvYQAWCCk5ciAwlwkTMnA4deiHAQWChQhyUeKVa0UNBoVISFMUTUAJTpCi0+aFJV6lKBBDFhedgcMsBoFgoBbsLAoSKqFI06mhgo4SXEQIAHAtIMouDnjZ4bHU69mBFgwAE6Bc7EapAk2A9iv15h6LNJFStKZCzUGrPL1cAcnyBtAYNFkAQrnS6UoStQV4IjPgKZA6EbEAA7

There is defently no short circuit what I can see.
Alfred say in his excelent user manual maybe a problem with the output
Buffer transistors. My problem is I have no clue where are this transistors
sitting and no clue how I can check them.
oI+cRBAaUPPnAMoitQxhNks6hMA6AbEAA7

Many thanks for any help!!
Take care
Werner

Yes technical discussion and so 2SK170 is low noise and J113 has interchangeable drain and source.
For this part of the circuit one may be better than other to drop a statement like that
"J113 are noisy parts" is just trowing spanners in the works.
If you want to be technical then be technical and explain.
The impression I have is that it is just another of your usual little attacks to others here.
Clearly they are better than this and do not rise to the bait.

I and others that are new to this just get more confused.
And as far as I know there is no minimum party affiliation race or number of alphabet letters after one surname to join in, but if this is wrong feel free to lock yourselves in a closet and put do not disturb sign on the door please
I don't really want to know what you are up to "capish"