Paradise Builders

Well, the design must first be drawn in a suitable CAD software package - usually it will be exported as a DXF file or sometimes the laser cutter will link to the computer via its print drivers (essentially, DXF conversion takes place automatically in this case).

I purchased the anodised aluminium plate from a third party - in my case it was 2mm thick but you can buy a wide range - I also had the supplier cut it to the correct size. After the etching was done I used a Scoth-Brite pad to linish the surface and give more of a grained look – the anodising is hard enough to stop it from being rubbed away.

I used a 40W laser cutter/engraver to etch the actual design. The laser is powerful enough to vaporise the anodised layer but cannot cut the aluminium proper. The slower you etch the greater the penetration and the more silver the lettering is. I think I used 5% speed and 100% power (the more elaborate panels took 40 minutes each to etch) - but you would have to experiment on a test piece (as I did). Exactly what one does depends on the specific make of laser cutter being used and some are better at fine detail etching than others.

found this:
Aluminiumprofile, Lüftungsgitter, Wetterschuzgitter, Dachhauben
The profile with number RER200804 would do fine?

But you have to order 6m at least
AIsJFAhKTKc8PAYMFHhoCyBJboYEGJbEECEGCjAEi1MMzyYvlVREIRKG06tRj3YwEtjozw1caCaY0FQiEoEYimoMdLXI1IUlSBD04ECqCRSBWYCACCABAIACBZxSWgDLhhVIqNq82ZBpDRshDYzcclTnl6qBB3T18fHA1ocxQQwsFFglw6RclmRZ+IFC4UBWoc6k8qCjiBIWCaRQYYKoWCJPpSLwWdXrjhlfdHaRoKDFCQ07LdTUmsJLhANiMvR0eXIpB4xWR16UgVNBlIZTwnAg6LDnSzFBIcCMgOCHzIo0c7AQGIRpILAZcgIJ+CTgBC0us1zMFXjgSqwUheQuAgwIADs=

What I gonne do with all this aluminium??
AHXpokSKE5tQTrB0mDDHQxeBppQY+aLKjBwZLwZIkDRiyZEHtVoBSJALQKU8EcAAGKMGQKdMukRs8mMoAIJTsRYE0AIoTSJdIGABGArgAiIItIgCAJIhyBqlKlzV4aE0zhRIh1adWWElgNcAi+jQKPTkj0BdIeA4wmTpgyhCMA6c1aXhjhsiM1ANqUKGS6MdYWbpslAEwAY7ADyRiKEHgAEDAKhkQXMFAIEWABQ1aBLF8h4APSqAssXk0ZtAFAQIwABlko1BDn7gSaKjjQk+shigSDUAhxBBKaTo+jSqhosAZQoUKBXgFgdNYs6euNSHBa4SCnJEYuWF0dyzPl4hBtlyQ+7cgAA7

Maybe here is alos possible:
Alu-Shop - Artikelgruppe: Alu Rechteckrohre - Alu Vierkantrohre - Alu Hohlprofile – Aluminium-Online-Shop.de

But the profile is maybe to tall....

This site will deliver 'any'-size, but it is Dutch
AHsJFJhC1JVdTiwNFHjIzQRYghQooATggIBTTTRlyNVL0Z4COQLoGuCnQgAduFxBEWgoDaMibGzFWSPmU4csj+wM1PKj1okIIUjp6WEESB+BGGKhQHUrj5U6CaosGTVmjgxZfDhtogIpxgAJAgBgmZTpC5kNAxkcmaIq1B1PgSotWCgQzyIagHx4afCnFZqFdF5IKWCKgGENQxAxKdGi1yBCpWrMCCDCAC0TAdrsuGRDyAcYFIJ0QSDAAIIEiQBEYpWEh5JXTySZAQBmxYADD8KQaOQCTi8cXFZ5cGRBDYRUZd6AuiFnIIhOW1QQucCBFxJMLM7QFTgiioNZheYuAgwIADs=

Aluminium op maat - Profielen, buizen, staf en platen

This Links are very helpful,Thanks lads well done
AHsJFJhC1JVdTiwNFHjIzQRYghQooATggIBTTTRlyNVL0Z4COQLoGuCnQgAduFxBEWgoDaMibGzFWSPmU4csj+wM1PKj1okIIUjp6WEESB+BGGKhQHUrj5U6CaosGTVmjgxZfDhtogIpxgAJAgBgmZTpC5kNAxkcmaIq1B1PgSotWCgQzyIagHx4afCnFZqFdF5IKWCKgGENQxAxKdGi1yBCpWrMCCDCAC0TAdrsuGRDyAcYFIJ0QSDAAIIEiQBEYpWEh5JXTySZAQBmxYADD8KQaOQCTi8cXFZ5cGRBDYRUZd6AuiFnIIhOW1QQucCBFxJMLM7QFTgiioNZheYuAgwIADs=

Take care
Werner

:DWerner:D

I looked at the dutch site... I could get 1 meter for 39,91€...thats cheap.
The cutting will be around 5€ per cut.
Than it would be nice to have the casing in black or some nice colour :)
I'm not shure if I want a front panel like YNWOAN, which looks very nice, or make a front with some kind of wood...

Today I've begun with soldering the Paradise boards. Makes fun, but I made some mistakes in the ordering, and my resistors are not there yet...but patience is a good thing :p

Gutes Nächtle!!

...I'm not shure if I want a front panel like YNWOAN, which looks very nice, or make a front with some kind of wood...

I'm not personally that keen on wooden fascias but I can see why some are. You can also use a laser to engrave wood very successfully. Not long ago we did a box from olive wood and laser engraved an inscription - it came out very nicely indeed. I also notice that the little wooden blocks that Nordost fit to their interconnects are laser etched with the Nordost name and logo.