Paradise Builders

But,
YNWOAN,
why did you replace the foil C's with something else ?
Those you got with the Kit were chosen by some reason....

I'm not sure which components you mean - is it the reservoir capacitors in the power supply? My friend Si (sq225917) actually built up the boards - but my power supply boards did not come with any components - the reservoir caps are Kendeil ones that another friend (Andrew) had given me. There certainly seems no shortfall in performance. In fact, this is in many ways, the single most impressive piece of electronics I have ever heard!

Old 370.... New 450... strange isn'it ?

Ricardo, good to see you fixed it, the transistor Hfe was not the problem, it must have been a defective device in some way. As they say in engineering "**** happens" :). The fact that you did have 150mA and just 12V pointed in this direction, sorry that I could not communicate earlier, but I did not have internet in my previous hostel (Zaragoza). Happy building, I will check in again.

From, sunny Barcelona,
Regards,
Frans.

I just got my Paradise up and running yesterday and am listening to it now - simply astonishing - the best phono stage I have ever heard - I can't praise it enough!

null_zps237d85d5.jpg

Cool, Happy listening :)

Joined 2006
Paid Member
Ricardo, good to see you fixed it, the transistor Hfe was not the problem, it must have been a defective device in some way. As they say in engineering "**** happens" :). The fact that you did have 150mA and just 12V pointed in this direction, sorry that I could not communicate earlier, but I did not have internet in my previous hostel (Zaragoza). Happy building, I will check in again.

From, sunny Barcelona,
Regards,
Frans.

Thank you very much Frans.

Have a good holiday.

When you can, please verify why should I have a inrush current in the two led string in the positive ccs during power on.... For a very short moment, those two leds go ultra bright and red before they stabilize in normal green.

This only happens in the repaired positive shunt.

Thank you very much Frans.

Have a good holiday.

When you can, please verify why should I have a inrush current in the two led string in the positive ccs during power on.... For a very short moment, those two leds go ultra bright and red before they stabilize in normal green.

This only happens in the repaired positive shunt.

Something is wrong, this should not happen, there is 3.6K (Rx01(b)) in series with the leds, and capacitor Cx00 act as a low pass (soft start). The only way that I think of is that Qx03 and/or Qx04 are very low hfe (damaged) and need replacement. Qx01 and Qx02 are o.k. (the CCS output is a measured 150mA).

The inrush current in the leds can not be larger then Vin/3600=8ma(or less). This will not make the green leds glow 'red'.

Regards,
From the nice 'Del Comte **' hotel in the center of Barcelona,
Frans.

Something is wrong, this should not happen, there is 3.6K (Rx01(b)) in series with the leds, and capacitor Cx00 act as a low pass (soft start). The only way that I think of is that Qx03 and/or Qx04 are very low hfe (damaged) and need replacement. Qx01 and Qx02 are o.k. (the CCS output is a measured 150mA).

The inrush current in the leds can not be larger then Vin/3600=8ma(or less). This will not make the green leds glow 'red'.

Regards,
From the nice 'Del Comte **' hotel in the center of Barcelona,
Frans.

P.S. check the value of Rx01(b).

Regard,
I like the smell of Barcelonian cars in the morning,
Frans.