2N2222A phono preamp

I found this on the web, made a few mods to make it compatible
with the schematic in the last post

Attachments

• PhonoUnit-01.jpg
    PhonoUnit-01.jpg
    105.5 KB · Views: 609
if you are following mr hans schematic -1uF input should be PP or MKP polypropylene, for output also 15uF film. you can use something available from WIMA MKP/MKS depending of the taste or Kemet/RIFA (10+4.7uF) depending of the space available..even, no need to be 15uF on the output ,10uF will be enough, so one cap will be ok.

if you are following ivey scheme with 15uF input and output electrolytic, then use some "audio" grade like elna silmic 22uf from mouser or nichicon KZ..

I have built this circuit and find that it is amazing. Having been used to phono preamps that use opamps, this design provides a very different experience that sits very well with me. So thank you Ivey…

Hopefully somebody can explain the following about the choice of transistors. I’m wondering if it makes sense to match the transistors’ Hfe values for the left and the right channels. I’m not hearing anything untoward in the music produced by my current board. (No matching attempted when building it.) But I am aware that often circuits stabilize or balance The transistor output, making Hfe matching unnecessary.

As I am a noob in electronics I can’t judge if this is the case in Ivey’s circuit. Can someone with a better understanding elaborate?