MPP

I can see no obvious errors, but maybe those 14k Resistors need to be tweaked a bit.

Those Salas style shunts are not easy to get right. I tried several similar circuits of my own, but Salas' where the only one to work stable and without small or tall oscillations, but layout is a major issue (at least in p2p-breadboard).

PM sent.

Rüdiger

...I have a fine Macbook Pro now but i swear that my IBook was the next day in Poland giving maybe 100,-€ on the black market.
It´s pathetic, those pricks really suffer a bad life.

I would not count on Poland Joachim. We are far worse thieves than most of German people belive + we really can afford laptop or PC without much hassle...

Please PM me, maybe macbook is still trackable.

Marcin.

Sorry about accusing your people, that was just a place holder. But is has happened to a friend of mine that had his fashion shop robbed twice. His stuff appeared is east europe shortly after. He had to close. Those guys also stole his transporter, drove to the Autobahn, dropped it there and stole another car to continue the journey. That way they where impossible to track. Thanks for offering help.

Joined 2006
Paid Member

Attachments

• verniz.jpg
    verniz.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 327
That was at a time where i had illusions about offset in transimpedance stages. This thing needs a servo but i could not even make the bias work in the input stage so i stopped there.

Joachim, in my desing on post 2056 I had to parallel some of the 86R-Resistors of the current mirrors to null the (otherwise enormous) offset. The bias remains stable since.
No servo needed.

Rüdiger

Yes, that is also what i would try. The LM317 is also no good over 10kHz. One could also cascode the LM317 with another LM317 ( aka Walt Jung ) for a big improvement but then we drop over 6V. Has anybody the patients to modify the JHW ( Joachim, Holger, Werner ) that way? I think you, Hesener have done that already so may i ask for a contribution ?
Rüdiger, i check that out.

After extended Listening sessions we have found out that painting the top of the transistors with this nail laquer (PRITI NYC MINI Nagellack - keepsake rose - Zalando.de) gives a better resolution in the higer mids.

Maybe caused by the additionel damping.

:hohoho:

Sam

Did you also try other colors? And brands? And are those animal tested or mannequins only? And where the listeners blind or double blind? :)