MPP

It's impossible to fool the brain to believe you're somewhere your not.. Digital room-correction is a fine example of that.. you get so tired in your head. You spend so much energy in trying to understand the contradictions that the music looses it's drive and appeal, cause you have resources left to interpret the musical message.

Joined 2006
Paid Member
It's impossible to fool the brain to believe you're somewhere your not.. Digital room-correction is a fine example of that.. you get so tired in your head. You spend so much energy in trying to understand the contradictions that the music looses it's drive and appeal, cause you have resources left to interpret the musical message.

I did not say I liked it, but the effect is bewildering.... It really seems you can emulate room acoustics and space digitally and pour it into your head throu headphones.

Are they OK for residual noise and turn on spike-less transient? Did you scope the turn on with single shot trigger to see?

I did not do much testing till now, will do next weekend (I think). I did use them as the raw supply to fix a Paradise PSU, and that worked fine. Also, I did some shortcut, sparking, burning and other destructive materials testing with them and they destructed many but still kept on functioning :) They came with individual test reports (I like that).

Last edited:
diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Manson is a good SMPS HK firm regarding robustness. Do they sport an on the fly on/off over remote PC control without powering down at least? Bcs I see no such function on the panel in your link. How is the fan for noise when drawing some Amps off of them?

Manson is a good SMPS HK firm regarding robustness. Do they sport an on the fly on/off over remote PC control without powering down at least? Bcs I see no such function on the panel in your link. How is the fan for noise when drawing some Amps off of them?

It is, as they call it, programable, but that is limited to a remote connected by wire. You can 'program' V, I and on/off by using 5Kohm pots and a switch, there is no PC interface (but I do not think that I need that). There is a schema in the manual, and the connector is included.

Linear Lab PSU 0 - 150V/4A

LAB PSU EA - PS3150-04B - Linear, DC, 1 Kanal 150V/4A, 600W

I Found this one [HiQ Regulation]to be very handy to have at the bench,
two of them for dual supply but the price is the only negative side effect . . . :bawling:

Regards

Attachments

• EA - PS3150-04B.jpg
    EA - PS3150-04B.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 327
I've been picking up grunty linear power supplies for my bench work. My latest find was an Instek dual channel supply (2 X 30V, 6A) for ~$200, a bargain. It'll come in handy breaking in Class A monstrosities. My favorite bench supplies come from Topward. I have a couple of their dual 60V/3A models that come in quite useful. My only problem with them is that they use a relay to switch transformer taps in order to limit dissipation on the pass devices - still, not usually a problem.

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
LAB PSU EA - PS3150-04B - Linear, DC, 1 Kanal 150V/4A, 600W

I Found this one [HiQ Regulation]to be very handy to have at the bench,
two of them for dual supply but the price is the only negative side effect . . . :bawling:

Regards

Higher voltage bench beasts are not popular since general electronics are running on low rails these days. If rather special purpose test gear is needed then it comes at a premium. For circuits like in the MPP thread though, the classic 30V dual isolated output form factor lab PSUs come in many brands and models, and are very versatile. Here is one of the better design and build quality low ripple examples with remote sensing and on the fly on/off output switches. Such should be around the 400 Euro price point VAT inc.
EL-R Series Precision Bench Power Supplies from TTi - laboratory power supply
el302rt-700.jpg

Here is one of the better design and build quality low ripple examples with remote sensing and on the fly on/off output switches. Such should be around the 400 Euro price point VAT inc.

Great Finding,thnx for the info, will begin to save some E... for it. :)
Do they have also 2x60V - 4A version this would be best of two worlds also for some heavier works eg. (PAmp)

THNX & Regards