MPP

They are RIFA PPS SMD. I find them one of the most "invisible" caps i heard. You can by them from Distrelec.
Hesener prepares a BOB and instructions but we have to wait for the Beta builds.
There may be also a change in layout. That has to do with grounding. This phono is damn fast. Without the RIAA is would easy go the 100MHz.

Thank you Joachim.
Mouser and Digikey carry Panasonic ECHU PPS capacitors in 2%, but 50V maximum. I have not been able to find a "good" Rifa source in North America, although Mouser does carry some of their products. I'm going to put together a preliminary BOM for my own use to start sourcing and pricing parts. Given that the current source transistors don't likely need to be matched, do you think 100 pcs each of BC327-40 and BC337-40 will be sufficient, or are 250 pcs of each a safer bet?

I have no experience with the Panasonic. What i know is that the material was invented in Japan. It is a substitute for Polycarbonate in so far that is has a very stable temperature coefficient ( for use in cars ? ).It has a little bit more DA then PP though. It is very low distortion ( Bateman at.all. ). Do you remember the pink Roederstein MKC1862
They where used in early Mark Levinson equipment. When you can find them, try them.
They sound very dynamic. This was a Polycarbonate cap.
Pansonic is a quality supplier so i expect good results.
Wima makes PPS SMD caps that look similar.
I would buy 200 each of the BC´s. They are inexpensive. Frans finds them so good that he is even substituting 2SA and 2SC types.
Concerning matching i do not think that fanatic selection is required. I usually go for better the 10%. To get enough 5% pairs is easy. Use the ones with the highest Hfe in the input stage.

Here is my little MKC collection. They also came in green. Philips made blue ones.

Attachments

• MKC collection.jpg
    MKC collection.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 395