Simplistic NJFET RIAA

Going well I see, but decouple those long incoming DC twisted pair wires right at the regs input connectors with some 0.1-1uF film cap each, also. I think its good practice. Or you are going to connect the M-Lytics for that?

I will connect the M-Lytics first and see if a film cap makes a difference later.
Ok, I connected everyting and initially both channels were working fine. But after a couple of minutes one channel the leds stoped working. Also DS voltage on Q1 stated to rise. Could you please help? Maybe problem with Q5?

Upped the load resistor to 182R tonight. The presentation is getting back to right. Imaging is solid and tonality seems to be more balanced. Starting to notice some of the spookyness returning. Will try 220R in a day or so.

Starting to work on the v1.2R. Is the loop size as critical as the plain V1.2?

All I can say is that the sound is very dynamic and sweet at the same time. I will listen for a few days and then tell you more.
Rest of the system now is VPI Aries1, Shelter 901, RB300 modified, DBC1 to F5 and my speakers GPA 288 with AH4525 horns, Fostex 925 tweeter and dual Eminence 1512 for bass. Estimated sensitivity around 104-105 db. It doesn' t do very low bass though. Also building now a #26 pre.
Thanks Salas for everything!

Attachments

• IMG_0924.jpg
    IMG_0924.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 284
  • IMG_0925.jpg
    IMG_0925.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 284
Joined 2009
Paid Member
All I can say is that the sound is very dynamic and sweet at the same time. I will listen for a few days and then tell you more.
Rest of the system now is VPI Aries1, Shelter 901, RB300 modified, DBC1 to F5 and my speakers GPA 288 with AH4525 horns, Fostex 925 tweeter and dual Eminence 1512 for bass. Estimated sensitivity around 104-105 db. It doesn' t do very low bass though. Also building now a #26 pre.
Thanks Salas for everything!

Congratulations, what about the Shelter 901: sounds good as all people said, I want to do also the #26 pre if you know where to get cheap & good tubes & Tx let me know, I will use the Salas HV shunt reg. for B+ & I will buy to Rod Coleman his famous CCS for filaments, what are your plans for #26 pre?

Salas sorry for OT