Simplistic NJFET RIAA

Joined 2006
Paid Member
nicoch46 said:
there is T-network caps at half price if you want burn some money , fortunately you need only two

jensen 4pole (F&T stuff as mundorf....)

he Jensen totally wipes the floor with the other two capacitors. Above 10KHz there is nothing left of the noise. At 5KHz the noise already dips below 1µV (-120dBV).
I don't know about you,but I'll gladly pay €33,- for this kind of an improvement. look
Now we are talking :D

Where can I get the Jensen caps for 33€ ?

PS: What is a T-network ?

PS2: I recently read about the new Acuphase phono and the French mag quotes it has 2 x 22000uF sommthing per channel.

Should I increase the actual value (10000uF) ?

Ricardo

Ricardo like it ? look better with two 120VA r-core

Attachments

• cruz.jpg
    cruz.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 1,076
Joined 2006
Paid Member
I like your psu !

Where did you connect the coils ? (after the caps ?)

What are the voltage outputs ?

Do you use it to power a salas shunt ?

Sorry for the questions but I have been reading about the jensen 4 poles and would like to know if this arrangement might improve things in my setup. ;)

Ricardo

PS: I tried bypassing the actual 10000u BHC with some ERO and things improved a lot in high freq... more detail and extension, but the sound became too forward.

Salas Helps !

low battery dmm drive me crazy :smash:

match jfet , smtp 12,4v (ok),plus MiniReg is a discrete pin-compatible drop-in substitute for the common 78xx from Greg ,but Ihave some problem ie voltage drop 1v on jfet some time

later with new battery I will tray again

if the problem not solved, better use a zener , or resistor to drop to 9v ,and after jfet stabilized set on variabile smtp, 9v across jfet ???

not lucky with j74 match:(

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
I just use a 9V battery, and the DMM in series between NJFETs (GS together) and +, set for mA measurement. Some crocodile clips, no special rig. For PJFETs I just reverse everything.

You can also use 2SK170 wired with GS together, D towards ground, instead of J74 in the negative regulator. See example.

Attachments

• altern.gif
    altern.gif
    1.7 KB · Views: 1,136