Simplistic NJFET RIAA

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Ah you mean a bust! Very cult it would be!:)

Unfortunately you can not upload big files here, but you can upload to some big host like easyshare etc. and post a link. Looks nice from what I can see.

Attachments

• bbust.gif
    bbust.gif
    27.9 KB · Views: 509
diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
roy algra said:
and this

by the way I made some small changes in cap quality in your design and listen to it yesterday for several hours. Music was Missy Elliott album called So Addictive well that appropriate its becoming really addictive to listen to it

Sure you gonna like it enough, its tweakable for tone, and everybody liked it till now.

;)

As for Aikido I have good feedback from people that used it with the riaa or my hv shunt. It seems my stuff marries well with it.

Salas you are a moderator does that mean that you can make changes in how things are organized on this site?

What I want to ask you whne you have a thread like john curls blowtorchamp with its 800+ pages I really cannot read them all that is simply to much for me. would it be possible to have the pagenumbers, that normally appear in the upperleft corner, be coloured in red or some other colour, when the page contains crucial information in this thread?

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
This is webmaster stuff. Moderators regulate the community attitudes mainly. The site is going on new format soon. I don't think that there is content evaluation software that can judge if JC wrote something crucial or less crucial for instance, but when the new format is up, maybe some suggestions can have a way around them. There will be lively discussion about options when ready I presume.

iko

Ex-Moderator
Joined 2008
Salas said:

As for Aikido I have good feedback from people that used it with the riaa or my hv shunt. It seems my stuff marries well with it.

At some point I've looked at the aikido concept with some care, and applied the idea to a tube buffer for a gainclone amp I built. The assumption is that each amplification stage gets some power supply noise (ac component). My understanding is that it taps that psu noise and it applies it with opposite phase and appropriate magnitude such that the noise is effectively canceled. IMHO without a scope to adjust the components for this cancellation to occur it is difficult to get a benefit. Moreover, why would one use it in addition to a good voltage regulator? -- it adds roughly two tubes, a couple of resistors, and a capacitor to each stage. Even if cost was not an issue, one expects quite a benefit from adding so many components.

However, my understanding of the aikido concept is that it increases the circuit's psrr, which a good voltage regulator can do, but I don't really see how it deals with variations in voltage due to sudden per stage current draws, since it does not have a "reserve" of current to give to the demanding circuit, as a shunt regulator does (the shunt will shunt less current, in effect redirecting this "reserve" current to the load that's asking for it). So it seems to me that a good shunt regulator would trump the aikido.
Just my 2c.

up and running

Got the last bits in and . . . it's alive :D

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

First impression is an absurd dark background and very detailed music.
The overall tone is lacking highs but that is common with new caps I think.
As you can see I'm not much of a metalworker, functionality reigns.
I'm under the headphones for the remainder of the evening :)

One thing I'm uncertain about, that's connecting the shielding of the pickup audio signal. I recall reading not to connect but that gives instant hum. Connected there's no hum at all.

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
I robot!:D

Yes, nice different one!

Dark and no hum (you do well to connect the wire's shield) means success!:) Let it burn in, and if the combination of chosen materials in conjunction with the rest of the system still leaves you with a craving for more sparkle up high, there are many ways to tune. Keep us posted. Initially see if the 881s sees 275pf in total or less (MMs lack highs if not correctly resonating on capacitance), and the VTA. Congratulations for your build.