Simplistic NJFET RIAA

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Your model can do it well enough if in good shape and TT setup plus loading is checked out thoroughly.

MCs do their stuff too. Tip up mainly. Here is what Denon DL-160 does on Telarc Omnidisc through the Simplistic in two different ambient temperatures (15C dif).

DenonAmbientX.gif

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Strangely is not that audible. Its due to the tip mass on vinyl resonance, and it seems like it passes easier on music tracks than on noise grooves for testing. I remember Werner on TNT when testing some Lyra if I recall correctly, that when he pushed it down on the chart by underloading it lost it, but when looking peaky, was actually working subjectively OK. Its a combination of so many mechanical and electrical things, maybe we goof the current damping for amplitude's shake, which can be wrong.

*I like the 103 in another special ''half face'' rock or hardwood shell or nude. Else I like the 160 better.

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Not at 12-13kHz. I have checked it with 25 year old friend and we commented the same. I haven't met anybody who could hear beyond 15kHz on speakers and normal level and listening position. 20kHz it very faintly tracks when 15dB higher with closed headphones. Much dissipation and absorption in a room. But sibilance resides between 5-8kHz mainly. 12k is brilliance and the tail of highest pitch sibilance.

iko

Ex-Moderator
Joined 2008
Nice draft! It'll be immensely helpful to new builders. As for the pcb size that I designed, it has 1cm [---] markers included, but I don't remember the actual size. What I did was a real rush job intended for personal use and I think the pcb layouts that other members designed are far better.

Hi Salas an d everbody else.

Ive made to new pcblayouts I think it will be a great improvement over the previous one. Probably there are people who want the regulator further from the circuit but on my experience with building my akidopreamp I liked it when the regulator is as close to the audiocircuit as possible, nice fast transients.

Ive anybody has some ideas to improve let me know.

Roy

Attachments

• salassuperfinalkreuk2 copy.gif
    salassuperfinalkreuk2 copy.gif
    79.5 KB · Views: 875
I also made an version for people who want to hardwire the the audiocircuit with say silverwire. Its the same concept I used on my akido. And its works fine. This layout is at the monent just to give you an quick impression. I want to make pads very small so when you drill the holes the copper will vanish. And there will be a large pad for grounding. I will let you know.

How many people out there etch ther own pcb"s. Its really quite simpel.

Roy

Attachments

• salassuperfinalkreuk6 copy.gif
    salassuperfinalkreuk6 copy.gif
    79.2 KB · Views: 858
Hi Ricardo,

Well no,
I want to buid it next week, I have to wait for some components I ordered and I want to make a small layout for the filters jaap suggested so It will be possible to etch it together on one board.

With regards, Roy

PS.The newlayoutdesigns will be incorparated in the rapidsharefile made by Psqr.

JEP said:
Hi Ricardo,

Well no,
I want to buid it next week, I have to wait for some components I ordered and I want to make a small layout for the filters jaap suggested so It will be possible to etch it together on one board.

With regards, Roy

PS.The newlayoutdesigns will be incorparated in the rapidsharefile made by Psqr.

If you do not mind - I need a PCB and can pay for it as I do not have any facility to make PCBs at home. I am interetsed to construct this due to its simplicity as well as the shunt PS. please let me know if you can offer one set?
thanks
sk