Simplistic NJFET RIAA

Do you mean something like that (since braid must be GNDed at some point, otherwise it will not stop RF)?

That is what I have done apart that the cable run go from cartridge to 5 pin
Plug (Even the metal body on plug is totally independent from cable returns)
there are no solder joint's and the silver cable is the same material as the cable in the coils of the Elitte

Increasing in value yes. I had decreasing the HF response in mind.

loading the DL-110 with 1k2 gave better result than adding 300pF in the RIAA in my system. Guess mainly due to the cart.

I will try another Rload value from 1 to 8k (as seen here)

By the way, is it relevant to burn the capacitor with circuit like sample wav (pink, white noise) from a cd to a cap tight to ground with some R in parallel.
Just to gain time for the cartridge lifetime ?

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
I am not sure if very low loss plastic caps ever "burn". Electrolytics surely shape up after storage though. But you can use an L pad 100 times attenuator made from two resistors (1k series 10R to ground) and feed the phono any kind line level signal through it for any purpose.

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
2V is max RMS red book. I.e. 0dbFS. Measure your line output RMS first with true RMS DMM (selector on AC) for the program material and volume level you intend to use. Its usually much lower than 2V RMS. Then its easy to decide the L pad ratio for say 1mV RMS downscaling.

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
So some Led there was weak and went out. Maybe the soldering tortured it. 3mm Leds are kinda sensitive. Go there with the DMM in diode mode and measure one by one. No need to remove them for finding which one conducts and which one doesn't. Find the culprit(s) and replace them. If they are good maybe Q7 is out. Its their current feeder.

15,937 posts and finally some color. :rofl:
I finally was able to box them up. Separates are the way to go, I'd like to see the transformer at least 12" away.
Don't ask about the wooden panel.

Attachments

• salas.jpg
    salas.jpg
    861 KB · Views: 204