Simplistic NJFET RIAA

It gave 63dB and 20.6VP-P before clip with 2x 369s of 11mA Idss at the input stage. Good for low MC this one config. I could not get the scope to lock on any 50Hz at all. Weird given the open air crude test. I have seen a few practical things I would want to revise. Minor PCB parts fitting stuff and a couple of designations I mean. Do you like the blue or in black it will be better?

I like blue!

Rush

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Its deeper blue in real life, something like blue-black-green. Because the board is thick. When some direct light hits, it opens up in tone. The sinks will be designated as the 1.5inch height model to match the towering electrolytics and be heftier. Black gives more contrast. Blue blends nice. If it was PRP resistors and black connectors it would suit black better. Your call guys, just vote.

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Hmmm, kind of logic.

MilesDavisKindofBlue.jpg

Bad for an electrocardiogram, good for a PSU. :D

Picture_zpsb1b7263f.jpg

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Blue for me. I prefer 1.2r and not BiB 1.1. I like 1.2r cause is more transparent and more articulate . I tried tens of 1.2r with several circuit types ,analog and digital, and NEVER I got problems.... but, it's too late!

PS. why Nick says 2x369? I thinked only one 369.

Wonderful job!

This is a PCB, it is made for giving the project a practical side for more users beyond the highly custom p2p expert builds we practiced. PCB has the 1.1 smack to the phono, no wires its a plus.
The folded with the 1.1 are a good combo. Maybe you used 1.2R and 1.1 for the standard pdf circuit so far? I will add B+ pad near the PSU/phono GND pad for the expert & adventurous.
2x369 or 1x369 or 2x170 are matter of gain or parts stash option with the PCB, it takes all. Blue is gathering momentum.:)

... I will add B+ pad near the PSU/phono GND pad for the expert & adventurous.
Double pads for B+ and GND (remote sensing) if possible, and increase C2Y spacing up to 15 mm.

PCB colour: I dare suggest pale blu with white silkscreening. In this way is possible to add somewhere a small rectangle with a cross on the upper left corner and 4 stripes:Eλευθερία ή Θάνατος (Freedom or Death) ;)
You can also add below an acronym such as FFM (f**k frau M.) if you wish :D not really polite, but....

Last edited:
diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
I have in mind to bring C2Y in line with C3's edge adding an extra pad since there is space.
There are pads for 22uF/50V electrolytic in case with no good film for the psu zobel cap, or simply liking it. Its under the Wima. Those are right on +/0.
But I will see if there is space for extra. The folded is less choosy for super supply BTW. Lets leave politics aside, its a basic forum rule.