Help With Crossover 3-Way Seas 9.1 Home Theater

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
This seems much more reasonable.

Jantzen 4.7mH 15 AWG Air Core Inductor
Jantzen 2.2mH 18 AWG Air Core Inductor
Jantzen 1.8mH 15 AWG Air Core Inductor
Jantzen 0.68mH 15 AWG Air Core Inductor
Jantzen 0.47mH 15 AWG Air Core Inductor
Jantzen 0.33mH 18 AWG Air Core Inductor
Jantzen 0.15mH 18 AWG Air Core Inductor
Jantzen 0.10mH 18 AWG Air Core Inductor

Subtotal: $118.67

Last edited:
At those prices, miniDSPs would be cheaper, give the ability to shape the crossover curves, apply any correction including for room correction and go completely active. You could even buy software to measure speaker response.

I assume your meaning something like this?
miniDSP 8x8 kit | miniDSP

It would take care of all channels except the center.
How do you think it would work 4 with a carver A660?
Commercial Audio Series - Amplifiers

Hi,

You can consider other 3way, seas excel needs a lot of parts to tame the cone breakup.
I'm using minidsp 2x4, it's a very good products with reasonable price.
What kind of budget do u have? It seems ur building system from ground up.
Ucd amps from hypex is also another options. But you need 27ch for that. Make a smaller 2way surround prob good idea.

Cheers
Henry

Get parts express omnimic and you're good to go. It's a measurement mic with USB + software develop from praxis.

Don't forget to make some reflections absorbers, either from thick felt or absorbent panels, in order to get valid measurements. Or if u have spare room, put as many felt and panels as u can.

Minidsp have the plugins options, u can choose which ones suitable for u.

Cheers
Henry

Update... I just bought 3 CX168
QSC - CX 8-Channel Amplifiers

One of these active crossovers (will buy more if i like the quality)
BEHRINGER: DCX2496

And one of these (will also buy more if the quality is good)
BEHRINGER: DEQ2496

The eq will analysis the room and shape the sound to be flat. Which should provide a good baseline to compare to. I will still build one set exactly how troles designed so I can compare the results.

Also with a bit of fettling maybe you can make them sound as close of possible.

Will you be buying a quality mic to test the speakers outside?

Yes. Is http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?Partnumber=390-790&FTR=omnimi that was mentioned earlier in the thread a mic that is up to par?

I think going active will give me the ability to learn what im doing here as I can tweak the xover and eq and see the differences it makes.

Is there an easy way to find out what crossover frequencies the designer selected for each driver (mostly so I have a good baseline to start with)?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.