Yet another Volume controlers and source selections

hi,
look at this layout to backlight !!

194649d1288618992-yet-another-volume-controlers-source-selections-ctrl_tda7318.jpg

It's the same. On my schematic i'm not using that 10ohm resistor between C and E of transistor. I told you my problem is that on pin 17 for uC i'm not detecting any change so the uC is not triggering the transistor from my point of view.

I have tested also your software from post #277 wich is very nice.

I must say i'm totally begginer in microcontrollers.

It's the same. On my schematic i'm not using that 10ohm resistor between C and E of transistor. I told you my problem is that on pin 17 for uC i'm not detecting any change so the uC is not triggering the transistor from my point of view.

I have tested also your software from post #277 wich is very nice.

I must say i'm totally begginer in microcontrollers.

Try exchange pin 15-16

Didiet

Thanks Farmtech your code was very helpful. I had problems hardware and software. After installed Farmech's test soft i noticed even i have 5v on pin 17 still no light so i decided to replace BC517 Darlington with a simple generic NPN and it worked.
After this with Danzup sofware still no light but gues what Danzup invited me to his home to solve the issues (we are living in the same are but never met each other) and we solved almost everything. Remained the final test: sound In sound OUT to see how it perfoms.

Danzup is a great guy ! ;)

Hi, atupi! We'll find your problem easily - just point me to the software your'е using - I also remember I've found small inconsistencies in the program while debugging mine (earlier in this thread). So, what's your firmware?
Oh, sorry, you've got that really fast :) What was the real issue, apart from damaged transistor?

P.S. Danzup is a great guy indeed!

Last edited:
Hi, atupi! We'll find your problem easily - just point me to the software your'е using - I also remember I've found small inconsistencies in the program while debugging mine (earlier in this thread). So, what's your firmware?
Oh, sorry, you've got that really fast :) What was the real issue, apart from damaged transistor?

P.S. Danzup is a great guy indeed!

The issue was that in software was another pins from another port used for backlight and connections.

Here is my work in progress. I recicled a box from an old sattelite receiver but it fits well a would say.
Software is not fully functional but after all hardwork a will meet Danzup again for fine tuning.
Schimbarea surselor o fac tot din encoder insa incep sa cred ca ar fi mai elegant sa folosesc cele 2 taste SUS-JOS neutilizate de pe panoul frontal.
The analogic part of PGA is made using two simple shunt regulators using LM317 as CCS.
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Hi there.

I have a SymAsym Amplifier now ready working and I want to implement the feature to change the volume and source over a Remote and Rotate Knobs.

The Volume and Source should be displayed through a LCD or OLED-Display. I have read some of these pages but I dont know If I understood it right.

1.)Is there any Groupbuy to this?

2.)Is this controller changing the sound in any way?

3.)What is the "last" and "best" version to this?

4.)Did I understood it right that the Software-Part is OpenSource (This would be awesome)?

5.)Is this also realizable with a AT90USB162 Dev Board?

Is there any other Project/Board that you would recommend more if I want a Volume (maybe with motorized Potetiometer) and Source selection with remote and Display. I could program an AVR.

Thank you very much for your help in advance.

Greetings from Tschöhrmany!
Ron

Last edited:
Hi there.

I have a SymAsym Amplifier now ready working and I want to implement the feature to change the volume and source over a Remote and Rotate Knobs.

The Volume and Source should be displayed through a LCD or OLED-Display. I have read some of these pages but I dont know If I understood it right.

1.)Is there any Groupbuy to this?

2.)Is this controller changing the sound in any way?

3.)What is the "last" and "best" version to this?

4.)Did I understood it right that the Software-Part is OpenSource (This would be awesome)?

5.)Is this also realizable with a AT90USB162 Dev Board?

Is there any other Project/Board that you would recommend more if I want a Volume (maybe with motorized Potetiometer) and Source selection with remote and Display. I could program an AVR.

Thank you very much for your help in advance.

Greetings from Tschöhrmany!
Ron
1.) No there is none such .I have posted the integral documentation such as schematics and firmware , and everyone is free to do what he wants and wherever project wants.
2.)There are 2 projects that do not change the sound : that project with alps motorized Potetiometer and that with r2r Volume do not change the sound !
Regardless what other on world said : all cmos/mos/jfet/PGA2310/TDAwhatevernumber Volume have their own sound , like I say dog barks and bear just passed by .....
3.) Project are as their are and if the readers are not confortable with microcontrolers and audio and electronics in general maybe this projects are nor for them .The best I think is the r2r and/or blue velvet motorized Potetiometer project ( but I say that again here).
4.) Yes i posted firmware for everyone to edit / use / modifie as inteded by everyone, there are the source code attached so no problems about modifiing .

There are by years a lot of projects made by exactlly as you requested ,but never posted here , only in romanian forum where now have dissapeared after the server that hosted forum crashed , but if you need : atmel Atmega + LCD + 4 source input select + one motorized Potetiometer + IR i will post this project here . Just say and i will find that schematics and firmware in my backup files and post here.

5.)As it seeems that AT90USB162 is supported by AVR BASCOM it means that this chip can be used on project but there are some modification that must be done . I do not own such chip so it is up to you to try . Say what project do you want to do and I will try to help .
Also : if anyone want to try some Group Buy I will support them with advice and help but cannot make and will not intend to open GB by myself.
Regards ,
Dan Zup

Last edited:
Errata : the firmware of R2R controller is not Open , and I will not post firmware for that controller, as that one is specially designed and writted for Vicol Audio : check webshop
vicol audio : Webshop
there are ready mounted and programmed R2R Volume controller.

I think this topic should be moved to the Vendor's bazaar because parts of it are clearly commercial. If not, the Hypex Ncore topic should be moved back to Class D!!!!!

Help with software

I'm using the software attached and something is wrong and it drive me crazy.
So, when i'm using remote control (Philips) i need to press the key on the remote several times per second to have effect and is very annoing.
This situation is the same if i want to change volume or input.
If i press the button and keep pressed nothing happening.

Please note i'm noob in avr programming.
Thanks!
Adrian